cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas: Allow Modes in shuffle

Ideas: Allow Modes in shuffle

Corbin
Underground

I really like the new modes feature, but my understanding is that if a self-created station has been modified with a mode, and that station is included in a shuffle, the shuffle will not pick up the mode on the station. I would like to have this feature added. Thanks.

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (3)
28 Comments
Lfstrat
Local Performer

Sent a message via LinkedIn to Jennifer Witz (CEO of SiriusXM/Pandora).  Will be surprised if I get an answer, but it's worth a try. LOL

karlzemlin
Local Performer

Just echoing this wish.  I have over 200 artist stations yet I hear the rotation of songs over and over again.  Sometimes the same song will play several times on the same day.

I know the DEEP CUTS option is ignored on station shuffle.  That is unfortunate, as I love it when shuffle brings up music I haven't heard before.

I recently learned about the songs-on-the-shelf option and have been clicking that on practically every track that plays for the last two days.  Shuffle is starting to bring up some different tunes, but it's also continuing to play tracks that I've shelved rather than selecting other tracks from the same artist.

I don't understand why the spectrum of music played with a station shuffle needs to be so narrow.

jademartinez21
Local Performer

On shuffle you should update it to be able to do crowds favorites and others if everyone wants to hear it in different ways instead of the same old stuff 

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jademartinez21 I moved your post over to this existing Feature Request: Modes in Shuffle

Make sure to upvote this idea as well. You can do so by clicking on the ❤️ icon next to the title of the request. 

efourn3
Local Performer

Its very disappointing to go looking for this option in 2023 and see that it was requested back in 2019, and steadily upvoted since then. I can only agree with all of the above posters, and quietly also endorse the request multiple modes on stations. I want discovery and deep cuts, you know?

For heaven's sake, I have heard the top 40 on the radio for 30 years now! I pay for internet radio because I like to hear new things. I guess I'll go make a radio station with every single variety on it... 

sam-n-prissy
Local Performer

Just want to upvote this request, for what it's worth; or NOT worth, apparently (?) 🤷‍

biniwest
Local Performer

How will we be notified when Modes is opened up to Shuffle Mode because I know you will do it soon. 😁

MarshCE
Local Performer

I would really like it if my modes would work in shuffle mode.