cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas: Blocking / Muting Artists & Genres

Ideas: Blocking / Muting Artists & Genres

bjoyce2
Opening Act

New Feature Idea: Create Rules about what bands you never want to hear.  If I select a Genre but there are certain bands I never want to hear, there should be a way to create a rule. i.e. I select the 70's Rock Genre but I never want to hear any music from Sting, Rush, Styx, Journey, Kiss, etc.  then allow me to create a rule eliminating them fron the selection algorithm.

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
175 Comments
stubiedo
Local Performer

Need this please

JSDJS00Word
Local Performer

Separate, but not to replace, to the song like and dislike feature, and if possible on the same screen, I imagine convenience in an additional artist like or dislike feature. This could save future dislike from artists you dislike, as well as keep artists from appearing less, that you enjoy but dislike certain  songs of theirs. 
DJS Double Oh Word?

SatihOuroboros
Local Performer

PLEASE MAKE ARTIST BLOCKING AVAILABLE! it’s so irritating having to stop what you’re doing to downvote a song by an artist you've downvoted a million times with no actual effect. This feature would make Pandora the gold star of music streaming.

pjindy00
Local Performer

I don't see a way to do this, but find it horribly annoying and a little offensive. Just like someone who prefers not to listen to explicit music, well, I don't want (in this case, it's been Christian and clearly religious "Jesus" songs) popping up in my stations. I don't feel the need to block the artist, but there is no reason to have these clearly religious songs popping up in a station that has nothing to do with it (not talking about a Christmas station here).

I didn't have this issue for years, so not sure why these songs are now getting promoted - clearly it's a promotion as it was not an issue (with the same station) in the past, but now seems to be happening regularly.

Moderator Edit: Format

Code_Kyuubi
Underground

How is this still not a thing!? 4 years people have been publicly asking for this! I've had Pandora since Oct 2005, been paying since ~2010 and paying for Family Premium for the last 3 years at least, and you still play artists that I have consistently thumbs-downed. What's worse is that I can have to thumbs-down the same song on different stations.  Just let me say "No thanks!" to an artist across all stations!

Here ya go:
if (userPrefs->RestrictedArtists.Contains(currSong->getArtist()))
    currSong->Skip();

Literally that easy. Figure it out.

Moderator Edit: Format

JStarr
Local Performer

I really want this feature. To me, it seems like a basic control I ought to have over the music I'm listening to. And, to state the obvious, it needs to be implemented in a very easy-to-use way.

Pete4
Local Performer

I posted something here over a year ago.  Pandora will never do anything about this. Their business model gives ZERO consideration to customer satisfaction, because an overwhelming majority of the "customer" base pays nothing.  Pandora looks strictly at the bottom line.  If playing an updated version of a song rather than the original will make Pandora more money, that's the one they'll use.  If substituting a crappy Kevin Spacey "duet" with Dean Martin makes them more money than the original solo by Dino, then you're going to have to suffer through Kevin Spacey acting like he's God's gift.  You cannot block one artist.  You can try to block one song, but you'll likely be blocking stuff you like.  Your best bet is to build your own music library by downloading the songs you like and creating your own playlists.  There are ways to pirate MP3's from YouTube, and BitTorrent has just about every genre of the past 75 years.  Knock yourself out.  

warriorelah
Local Performer

Please add a feature that lets me stop a song from playing again on any of my stations, Like a thumbs-down button that ties to my account rather than a specific station.

There are songs I dislike that keep playing every time I start a new station. It gets annoying to hit the thumbs-down button over and over again.

Enzo
Local Performer

Bring back the option of blocking certain artists with in a playlist. It used to be there years ago.

sarluke31
Local Performer

Definitely! I'd like to be able to listen to a certain station and eliminate a certain artists content that I never want to hear.  Thumbs down is not accurate enough and very inconvenient.