cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas: Crossfade / Gapless Audio Playback

Ideas: Crossfade / Gapless Audio Playback

Drana
Underground

Is there a way to blend one song into the next so that there is no dead silence between tracks?

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (2)
155 Comments
ch0s3n0n3
Local Performer

The amount of time it takes to start the new song after the previous one had ended is jarring.  Especially when listening to trance or binaural styles of music.

rayale
Local Performer

I've been a paid Pandora subscriber for a decade and up until recently I didn't know what I was missing out on until I tried out Deezer.  I LOVE THE CROSSFADE FEATURE!!!  Please add this feature, Pandora.

ginsengtea3
Local Performer

When it came to choosing between Pandora Premium and Spotify Premium, I went with Spotify solely because of their crossfade feature, thinking everything else was probably equal.  I would happily change back to Pandora - for many years my go-to app for radio and new music - if they added crossfade.  Spotify radio is absolute garbage, but I can't take Pandora's dead air between songs if I'm throwing a party or any kind of get together, it kills the vibe.  Not even gapless is enough to cover it; crossfade is essential. Please add this feature and let me come home to Pandora, I am more and more dead inside from Spotify but I can't let go of the crossfade 😭

cwadley
Local Performer

This is the one and only reason I do not subscribe to Pandora. 

SlabBacon
Underground

There are some albums I like to listen to (Global Underground #35: Nick Warren is a good example) that are actually full DJ mixes. Unfortunately, they seem to be stored in the Pandora database as a collection of individual songs. So when I play them back, I hear a noticeable and annoying pause in between each track.

I would love to see an option for seamless playback of albums, to avoid this problem.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager
Status changed to: Open Ideas

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks so much for posting your suggestion on the community! @SlabBacon 🎧

EricBrooks
Underground

I'll be a little less polite about this. Gapless album play should not be a *request* it should already be a *feature* of your service. And it is a *joke* that it isn't. I pay Pandora for premium service and it is *unacceptable* that I or anyone else has to hear *gaps* between songs on albums. Fix this, or I will stop paying.

Palomorado
Local Performer

This is the ONLY big problem I have with my Pandora Premium subscription and is annoying enough for me to consider cancelling my subscription.

I listen to lots of progressive rock, classical, and the like and the ALBUM FLOW and transitions between the tracks are crucial to the listening experience.

I do not have this problem with Spotify but prefer Pandora for numerous reasons.

SlabBacon
Underground

Great call, Palomorado! Both of those genres are absolutely in need of seamless playback as well.