cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas: Crossfade / Gapless Audio Playback

Ideas: Crossfade / Gapless Audio Playback

Drana
Underground

Is there a way to blend one song into the next so that there is no dead silence between tracks?

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (2)
155 Comments
PurpleCatProd
Local Performer

Yes, would love this feature. Please implement!

No1uknow
Local Performer

Absurd that there is no gapless playback... How long has Pandora been around and you guys can't make this happen????? I switched from amazon to pandora, and so far have been enjoying it, but I just listened to Abbey Road for the first time on pandora, and well, having gaps between songs on Abbey Road is hateful... a crime really. Ruins the incredible run of songs that closes out the album. Going to have to cancel Pandora and find something else. Ive tried Spotify and it is also a garbage app... I really don't want to give more money to Amazon, put you people are forcing me too

pandoraman63
Local Performer

Good evening, pretty much I'm on board with everyone else about adding the crossfade feature on Pandora because this would be a major upgrade especially for us paying customers.  Thanks.

dwflorence
Underground

Subscribers have been asking for gapless for years (at least four years).

What is wrong with you Pandora?

I'm seriously thinking about moving to Spotify!

natericher79
Local Performer

I'm not sure why Pandora doesn't have this feature yet.  I like listening to albums as if they are cds: one song after the other.  Most of the albums I listen to have transitions between songs that get cut off by the buffer pause on Pandora.  Examples include most of Boston's albums and practically all of Linkin Park's albums just to name a few.  I've even made playlists where songs flow into each other much like an album.  The abrupt pauses between songs have affectively ruined my listening experience to the point where I can only shuffle play songs on Pandora's platform.  If a crossfade feature were to be introduced, I'd be more inclined to use Pandora on a daily basis; I'd even be willing to pay more for a subscription if the feature gets added to a higher subscription package.

songshell
Local Performer

Does anybody read these?  Are we screaming into the void?

sdneidich
Underground

Fellow void dweller here @songshell-- Yes people read it. Just not the people who can or will actually do anything about it-- which is why anyone who actually wants this feature should go to Spotify.

Rabbit1979
Local Performer
The void I think. Only comment I ever see are from us not them
Link15
Underground

Why is Crossfade still not available on pandora y’all are way behind 

Britedrkness
Local Performer

Hello, here to keep the gapless song request thread alive. I've been using pandora for over 10 years and really don't want to have to make the switch after all the effort I put into my collection here but if we don't at least get a crossfade feature for albums we have downloaded I'm gonna have to bite the bullet and switch to Spotify. @AdamPandora please!