cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas: Desktop Compact Player

Ideas: Desktop Compact Player

jcruz34420
Underground

I would like to see a compact player option. Maybe by clicking a button and all you see is a small screen with the options to go next back thumbs up and play and pause on it. Sometimes I just want to switch screens and having the full application open can be a hassle. I want to see the work that I'm working on as well as paying attention to what music is playing.

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (2)
99 Comments
rhettorical
Underground

Worth noting that ad revenue isn't a concern with the compact app. It was a premium feature before, but now that they've got mobile ads figured out, both visual and audio, they can make the app available to everyone and support it with ads for non-subscribers.

ES_Texas
Local Performer

I have Pandora installed on my Mac, the problem I have is the app window is very large, what I would like to see is an option for a "mini" window that would have the name of the Album, Group, Song and thumbs up, thumbs down button in a small window.  That way it can be open in the corner of the screen so I can glance at what is playing without having it take up 1/4 to 1/3 of the screen.

tspeterle
Local Performer

+1 enthusiastically for the compact/mini player. 

I see the thread is over 3 years old and the issue is still unresolved. So why not?

Also would like to close the app window completely and have Pandora minimze to the System Tray, rather than the Taskbar - that's for frequently/currently used apps..

Thank you!

trueleeblessed3
Local Performer

Please bring a desktop mini player in the next update. I hate having such a large site when I just need to see the artist, song title, thumbs or down and skip or replay or add

BradyMc0
Underground

Maybe we are requesting the smaller Pandora window on my computer the wrong way!  It existed some time ago.  😀

Anyone ever seen a response or comment?

trueleeblessed3
Local Performer

Not a one 😀. You would think they would keep something that wasn't broken instead of taking it away. 

sffone
Underground

Bring back the small desktop app. 

Pandora, please bring back the old, smaller desktop app.  The new one **ahem**! 

mod edit: merged comments
StPeteAPB
Local Performer

Coming up on 4 years and still no joy.  What are all y'all doing with our subscription fees?

etirrel1
Local Performer

I miss the little Pandora One app. Please bring it back!

thwaitesj
Local Performer

I got frustrated waiting on this so figured out how to get a browser window to show with no headers, etc. and you can use the web Pandora and than shrink the browser window down to display just the Pandora search, controls &now playing.