cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas: Notification for duplicate songs within playlists on web

Ideas: Notification for duplicate songs within playlists on web

Peterwwjd
Underground

I sometimes forget that I have a song already in a playlist and when I add a song already in my playlist it will duplicate it and not let me know its already in a specific  playlist I am choosing to add it.

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (2)
117 Comments
jw83876
Local Performer

I really love Pandora, and over the past two years have moved completely to this service. However, the app is completely lacking in so many ways. The lack of this functionality is beyond stupid. It's basic. 

Sack up Pandora. You have to continuously add new features users want, and from what time I have spent on these community forums, it is pretty clear you do not.

jones814
Local Performer

New premium member here. It's like I just bought a new Mercedes and discovered that it doesn't have a gas gauge. Great car, but what an obvious feature to leave off. Seriously, I can't even find a reasonable work around for removing multiple playlist duplicates. I may have to look at getting a BMW (i.e. another music service).

FinReal
Local Performer
I'm a web developer. If it's written I'm c# with .Net, I could do it fairly quickly. I could do it in Java too but would take a little longer.PlayList.Any(listItem => listItem.Id == id);If true, return user message and do not add song.If false, return success message and add the song.I have a feeling since you haven't had much of an update in a year your development team is either small or completely outsourced.Sent from my Galaxy
orderingstuff11
Local Performer

It is ridiculous to not be able to search your own playlist. What's the holdup Pandaora? This should be easy!

JackCheese
Local Performer

Get to it please. Like @FinReal  said, I could probably write this code in 5 different languages in my sleep.

StephenBerlin
Local Performer

I posted about playlist duplicates several years ago. I get notices (approximately once a month) informing me of the most recent posts on this same issue!! I’m writing this so all of you are aware that pandora is doing nothing about this despite endless complaints! There must be a reason they won’t do this! Let’s change the conversation as to why?

Moderator Edit: Format

seachele73
Local Performer

It would be wonderful to have some kind of notification that a song was already included in the playlist you are adding it too. Leave it up to the person to add it again or cancel out of adding. I have so many songs and i hear duplicates and sometimes when on shuffle mode they play ack to back. Is this an option that can easily be done?

FinReal
Local Performer

How about just a few developer endpoints then? If I can get a user ID and a Playlist, I can return a unique Playlist to update the current one. A REST endpoint would be preferred.

AliCat814
Local Performer

I just recently signed up for Premium, and I've started creating my playlists.  However, I notice that there is no way to know if I've accidentally added a song twice without scrolling all the time to see if I already have it.  After adding almost 200 songs, that can be tedious.  There should be a way that the Pandora software can flag when a song has already been added, so it doesn't get added twice.  Or at least create a feature that will allow us to put our playlist in alphabetical order, so it's easier to look for a song you might already have before adding it again.

CMFGAR
Opening Act

This is already a feature