cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas: Option to block all clean or explicit content

Ideas: Option to block all clean or explicit content

FaminEatr
Underground

Pandora currently includes an option to filter out explicit content, and only play Clean or Radio Edit versions of songs.

I would like to request the opposite option, namely: Filter Clean Content.

In a way similar to the "Filter Explicit Content" option, this option would only play songs that have their un-edited, explicit content.

As an informed, consenting adult, I would prefer to listen to the "Dirty" versions of songs. As I dislike the "Clean" versions of these songs, I would prefer to not hear them. Currently the only way to do that is to thumb the song down, which just removes it and all versions of it from my shuffle or playlist.

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (4)
79 Comments
Scrybka
Underground
That would be great but those people at Pandora aren’t going to do that
FaminEatr
Underground

Weird how so many people complaining about the existing explicit filter are commenting / being routed here. Go complain on a different thread. This thread is in support of enabling explicit content exclusively, blocking out any and all "clean" or radio edit versions of songs.

In short: Dirty lyrics only, no "kid friendly" versions allowed

mowble
Local Performer

I'm fully on board with this feature request!  I'd rather be unable to hear a song than hear the edited version.  It is like buying a CD that has scratches.

melanatedseeker
Local Performer

Is there a way I can block anything NOT rated r? I enjoy explicit content and really hate when I hear one of My favorites and I get a "sensitive ears" version. Thank you

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@melanatedseeker I moved your post to this existing feature request: Option to Block All Clean or Explicit Content

Make sure to upvote this thread with a ❤️ as well to express your interest in seeing it added to the service.

In the meantime, you can Thumb Down any clean version of a song that plays - doing so will not prevent the explicit versions from playing on your station.

Thanks for being a part of the Community! :pandora:

emailsich
Opening Act

That's an interesting twist....  A switch to drive the old people next door crazy...

I'm a 60-year-old retired COP...  and I like it.

I would never utilize it, myself...  But I see no reason why I can't support your free expression...  It is not agreeable music that freedom of speech was written for... It is the highly disagreeable music...

By ALL MEANS! You have my thumbs up....

Diego318
Underground

Often I will be forced to listen to a radio edits or censored tracks. There is no way to prevent Pandora from playing censored music.

This is a huge problem and completely unacceptable.  Playing Edited or censored tracks ruins my listening experience.  Playing an edited song should be explicitly banned unless parental controls are on. Nobody signed up to listen unoriginal music. This problem needs to be addressed.

I am calling on the developers to address this issue.  I'm a paying customer for 10 years.

binLaurence311
Underground

I cannot agree with you more! As a paying customer.. You of all ppl should be at least be afforded the choice of having to listen to censored/explicit lyrics! Perhaps we as the ppl who chose Pandora should voice this to them directly?🤔🤔

Moderator Edit: Format

Diego318
Underground

@emailsich ok Boomer, all cops are **ahem**. Don't come in here with your mouth watering to spread right wing propaganda.

mowble
Local Performer

@Diego318  all cops are **worthy of some level of respect**? That is probably the most true end to that comment that I can think of.  Freedom of speech is right wing? That's a sad take on affairs.  Why do politics even have to be mentioned in a pandora feature request chat anyway? 

Speaking of; PANDORA - This thread has been open forever! Can we please get this feature? I refuse to believe that it is very difficult.

It's not that I get excited by hearing words that some consider bad. I'm usually indifferent to them.  Hearing edited versions of songs is like listening to a scratched CD that skips. Know what I do with those? I throw them away!