cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas: Option to block all clean or explicit content

Ideas: Option to block all clean or explicit content

FaminEatr
Underground

Pandora currently includes an option to filter out explicit content, and only play Clean or Radio Edit versions of songs.

I would like to request the opposite option, namely: Filter Clean Content.

In a way similar to the "Filter Explicit Content" option, this option would only play songs that have their un-edited, explicit content.

As an informed, consenting adult, I would prefer to listen to the "Dirty" versions of songs. As I dislike the "Clean" versions of these songs, I would prefer to not hear them. Currently the only way to do that is to thumb the song down, which just removes it and all versions of it from my shuffle or playlist.

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (4)
79 Comments
rcuttill
Underground

I am very disappointed to hear that Pandora's explicit feature does not apply to explicit content on its entire platform. I have kids who use the search bar, and despite the explicit filter being engaged, I was informed by support that the explicit filter does not apply to "songs that play on your stations; it doesn't apply to songs you are manually searching for, playlists you create, or those created for you by Pandora."

Your explicit "filter" is very deceitful, given the implication that explicit content will not be available on the entire platform for its users when it is engaged. 

If this isn't corrected, I am going to be left to cancel a service that I have subscribed to for over a decade, and, further, paid for for at least the past 7+ years.

It is time for Pandora to address an issue that should have never required me to bring it your attention.

ericcoffey23
Opening Act

Sadly this forum and these ideas are a waste of time... these problems are old news, wide reaching and not improving. Such a shame Pandora.

rcuttill
Underground

@ericcoffey23 I feel like this forum is a way to "hush" people from reporting these issues on other social media platforms. The truth is, there is absolutely no excuse for having an explicit filter that doesn't at least offer the option to filter ALL explicit content on their platform. That is not just an oversight, but an outright lie to their customers, who rightfully expect they can listen to clean content across a platform with an explicit filter engaged. Too bad. 

Franklyjamee
Local Performer

This is why I went with a different company,  it was the determining factor of where I spend my money. I love Pandora but why this basic feature needs up votes to be considered is beyond me. 

As a previous commenter stated, you censor this forum better than the actual music app. Very odd and disappointing. 

FaminEatr
Underground

Hah! Glad to see this is still getting looks. I'm still interested in seeing this, and frankly I won't be purchasing the premium membership until/unless I see this feature.

Ikki
Local Performer

Make the **ahem** feature available!!! At least to the paying customers!!! We pay a good amount of money for the service; and any sensor iv it ruins the songs if the artist them selves would of wanted a clean version they wouldn’t have the cursing on the song on the first place!!! 

MAKE THIS A FEATURE WE ARE TIRED OF HEARING BLEAPS OR SKIPS ON OUR MUSIC!!!

cdrracing
Underground

Please please please, get the explicit content sorted out so we can listen to music with our kids!

Sweetzombiej
Local Performer

I don't want to hear ANY radio edits, how do I stop hearing them. Explicit content is not currently filtered.

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Sweetzombiej I moved your post over to this existing feature request: Option to Block All Clean or Explicit Content

While this is not currently an option, make sure to upvote this thread with a ❤️to express your interest in seeing it added to the service as well.

Thanks for being a part of the Community!

kingdomofkush81
Local Performer

This feature needs to be added to the premium subscription service at the very least.  I have absolutely no interest in hearing any censored music regardless of the reasons for it being played.  

Please please please make this a filter option available on premium at the very least!  Clearly this would be a useful option.