cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas: Queue next track regardless of playlist or station currently playing

Ideas: Queue next track regardless of playlist or station currently playing

Hiits
Underground

Update queue feature so music that is queued will play next regardless of what station or playlist is playing. Basically allow queued music to interrupt a stations playlist.

Example: I'm listened to the "Summer Hits of the 2000s" station and I want to play "wake me up" by Avicii next after the current song that is playing from the "Summer Hits of the 2000's" is over. I add it to my queue. What I expect is for Avicii's song to play next but it doesn't; the station continues to play its playlist without adding my queued song. And it would be great if it would play my queued song instead and then continue with the stations music. 

Moderator Edit: Changed title for clarity

Labels (3)
21 Comments
AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager
Status changed to: Open Ideas

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @Hiits. 👋

I moved this post over to our Feature Request space so that others can see your suggestion. Please use the ❤️icon next to the title of your idea above to express your interest in seeing this option implemented. 

mahoneybuns
Local Performer

This is probably the most important thing that should be improved. You could even argue that this is a fix request, not an enhancement.

williate45
Underground

I like this idea.  I get frustrated when I create a station with like five artists/bands and then only hear songs from four of those artists for several hours or days before I hear a song from the fifth.  It would be nice if there was a "play a song from this band next" option, like calling a radio station and making a request.

iamsparky
Local Performer

Amen to this.  I don't understand the current queuing logic.  If I am listening to a station and want to hear a specific song next ... what is the point of adding it to the queue?  It doesn't play next.  Do I have to quit the station I'm listening to and do something to get it to play?  It makes no sense.

Grumpy_Flutter
Underground

Here's another example of how the current logic is confusing on the Android app.

1. Go to an artist's page
  2. Scroll to "Top Songs" and tap the play icon for one of the songs
  3. While the song is playing, tap "Search" and find a different song
  4. Add this new song to your queue

After the first song ends, the song you queued in step 3 will not start. This is because directly playing a song under the "Top Songs" section will automatically queue up several other songs on the list.*

This would be easily solved if the app had both "Add to Queue" and "Play Next" options. Spotify has them for a reason 🙂

*PS: to further confuse things, this auto-queuing only happens when you play a song directly from the "Top Songs" section (e.g. Top Songs > Play button). It doesn't happen if you first tap the song title to open its page (e.g. Top Songs > Song page > Play button).

Jhtaylor79
Local Performer

This is a must!!!  Can't believe it doesn't already exist, especially for paid Pandora accounts. I accepted it with my free account, but this is a huge oversight for those paying good money for this service. It surely can't be that hard to code.  

gruberama
Local Performer

This isn’t a feature request, this is a bug report.

Please address this. 

Anj365
Local Performer

Makes me want to cancel my subscription without this feature when Spotify has it and is cheaper 

c0pp3rt0p
Local Performer

I agree with all of the above.