cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas: Show current station playing when in Shuffle mode

Ideas: Show current station playing when in Shuffle mode

William_DeMasi
Underground

Identify the source channel for the song currently playing in Shuffle mode.

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (3)
67 Comments
tc-tunes
Opening Act

Amazing this request has been open for 1.5 years and would, on the surface, seem to be something easily implemented in the mobile app so we can decide to thumb up/down new music based upon which Station a song is being played.   I imagine the vast majority of users are not on the desktop when streaming but utilize the mobile app.

SJH1
Local Performer

In Custom Shuffle mode, how do I determine what station of my chosen custom shuffled stations a certain song is playing from? Many times I feel like it's none of the ones included in the selected stations and I want to delete the station that these random songs are pulled from.......so, In Custom Shuffle mode, how do I determine what station of my chosen custom shuffled stations a certain song is playing from?

cajnhunter1
Local Performer

Please do this! I agree with the posts on here.  I want to know which station the suggested song is coming from before I give it a thumbs up or down.

The same songs seem to be playing on all my stations.

And my attempts to keep them separated become exhausting.

It is like Pandora is trying to predict songs I liked on other stations and eventually suggests the song on a new station.

I work hard to try and not cross contaminate the stations I have built over the last 15 years.

Help!

briantorok
Underground

When in Shuffle mode, it would be extremely helpful to know what station the current song is coming from so as not to thumb-up a song that doesn't belong in that station.

Yes, I may love the Beastie Boys, but, no, they don't belong in my Iron Maiden station and I can't tell which station I'm seeding this thumbs-up into. I've had to go back into stations multiple times to clean these up and it's frustrating.

TenaciousDeDe
Local Performer

I would love the source channel as well! Mine starts playing religious music when it’s really late or really early and I can’t identify a single station that would be causing this. It’s kinda making me crazy 😜!

Perry714
Local Performer

35 comments in the past ~3 years, but not much action on the part of Pandora.  As many have mentioned, this is an obvious, no-brainer to everyone, except Pandora, it seems.

tc-tunes
Opening Act

Maybe if we put the comments in caps, bold and underline they will get attention. It sure would be great if pandora provided feedback versus letting things sit open for years

Moderator Edit: Format

briantorok
Underground

They're real good at arranging our requests into similar threads though!

cajnhunter1
Local Performer
I agree!
Jodabu1
Opening Act

On a desktop computer, when I'm shuffling stations, I can see which station a song is coming from, from the now playing screen. This is great because I like to find tune each station. I might thumb down a song on one station, but give it a thumbs up on another.

However, I cannot do this while shuffling if I'm using Pandora on another platform (mobile, Android Auto, Sonos, etc.). 25% to 30% of my listening in from my desktop. The majority is elsewhere.

Please make knowing what station a song is playing from available on all platforms and devices.