cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas: App for Android Automotive (AAOS/Google Built In)

Ideas: App for Android Automotive (AAOS/Google Built In)

Irishska
Underground

Pandora seems to have an app for every smart device I have ever bought, except a new car with AAOS (Android Automotive OS).  Please port a tablet version of Pandora for AAOS so that I can use that instead of radio or Spotify (which does have an app). 

95 Comments
Boomslang
Local Performer

Any update?  We're coming up on the 2-year anniversary of this thread.  I don't see any updates from Pandora. 

Android Automotive is being deployed in more and more cars every day.  I can't imagine Pandora would want to cede even more market share to Spotify, which came pre-installed on my Polestar.  I've been with Pandora for over 15 years.  Please don't make me have to re-create all my playlists on Spotify.

larryG
Local Performer
You have to understand I have nothing to do with Pandora, I just started this thread hoping someone at Pandora would see it and realize how many customers they have lost by not providing an App for the AAOS system. I discontinued my subscription about 9 months ago after being frustrated that Pandora has no interest to provide an App for AAOS.

Lg
lagoetz@gmail.com
Cliff-p
Local Performer

What pandora is telling their customers is that they are ok with us being-ex customers.. Sad that I pay for a family plan. Not a great way to do business 

Boomslang
Local Performer

Hey @larryG!  I apologize I was unclear.  What I should have said was, 

"HEY PANDORA!  YOU'VE BEEN IGNORING THIS THREAD FOR 2 YEARS!  ARE YOU EVER GOING TO RESPOND?"

I do appreciate your starting this thread.

And I agree with @Cliff-p.  I keep trying to summon the will to export 15 years of seeds and thumbs to Spotify.  The online tools I've found don't seem to be able to handle an account this big.  Pandora is, at this point, benefitting from my inertia.

The fact that I still use a Squeezebox for my home audio (an old but great device) and they just dropped Pandora support might be the final push I need.

See you guys on the other side!

-Chris

scottwsx96
Local Performer

I'm a longtime Pandora user and upgraded to Pandora Premium a couple months ago. I also own a Polestar 2 with Google's AAOS.

I would greatly appreciate if Pandora was natively supported in AAOS. Instead I have to use CarPlay or Bluetooth and I have tons of problems with getting CarPlay to work consistently.

Please add support for AAOS!