cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas: Crossfade / Gapless Audio Playback

Ideas: Crossfade / Gapless Audio Playback

Drana
Underground

Is there a way to blend one song into the next so that there is no dead silence between tracks?

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (2)
164 Comments
AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Smariano27 I moved your post over to this existing thread: Ideas: Crossfade / Gapless Audio Playback

While this is not currently possible, I recommend upvoting this Idea with a ❤️ if you'd like to see the option added to Pandora.

Thanks for being a part of the Community! :pandora:

tiptonre
Local Performer

Just subscribed to Spotify, hope you add this before this years sub ends as I will not renew without this feature. You have 11 more months until you loose this customer.  

DMVDan
Underground

I think this is a great idea which I would love to have. 

HormigAtomika
Local Performer

2024 still no crossfading.

Lucid2
Local Performer

How is this not a feature yet, when all competitors have it?

Lucid2
Local Performer

It's been years for a feature all competitors have; is submitting feedback pointless?

fredward
Local Performer

How am I supposed to listen to a single progression concept album like Pink Floyd's "The Wall" when it puts a gap in between every song? They're not supposed to have gaps at all, it breaks up the flow of the album!

My phone's default music player does a better job than a service I'm paying for.

Fix it. Your entire client base is either aging out or switching to Spotify.

ski522
Local Performer

I doubt Sirius XM cares at this point; I don't remember the last time any new features were introduced to the platform other than very minor changes.

My guess is that they are letting the service ride out until it's no longer profitable and then will force the remaining subscribers onto their crappy XM platform for more money.

Those looking for better features are probably best to move to a new platform at this point.

This feature was requested 5 years ago; it should be pretty clear to everyone that it's not going to happen at this point, and threating to move to another service is just a moot point that falls on deaf ears!

Kingraf
Local Performer

Any update on CrossFading on Pandora ?

brue
Local Performer

I talked to customer service about this months ago.  They didn't even seem to understand the principle.  

When listening to songs that are really one song but listed as multiple tracks like the finals few songs on The Beatles Abbey Road there is a gap between each.  It is awful.  

Listen to any musical and you will go mad. Concept albums like Pink Floyd the Wall just don't playback correctly.

How is this even a difficult thing to fix?

I may leave Pandora for this reason.