cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas: Higher Audio Quality

Ideas: Higher Audio Quality

pboser
Underground

How about higher audio quality?  Amazon has introduced this feature, and others have been ahead of Pandora as well.  It would be great to have the Genome Project advantage with higher audio quality.  Do others agree?

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
301 Comments
Limey
Local Performer

I think they've given up; don't care to go against the competition. Simply business as usual until it can't support itself any more.

Pete

Hopsngrains
Local Performer

I now am reading that Pandora's audio quality is much lower than other services like Spotify and Tidal. I've been using Pandora for years, and I believe it does most things that Spotify users say it doesn't.  Of course we want the highest quality audio. I mean if I am paying the same $9.99/month, why would I use Pandora? Doesn't Spotify own Pandora? Why would they not want something they own to improve?

Hopsngrains
Local Performer

I now am reading that Pandora's audio quality is much lower than other services like Spotify and Tidal. I've been using Pandora for years, and I believe it does most things that Spotify users say it doesn't.  Of course we want the highest quality audio. I mean if I am paying the same $9.99/month, why would I use Pandora? Doesn't Spotify own Pandora? Why would they not want something they own to improve?

chulohock
Underground
I believe that Pandora radio is now owned by Sirius XM

Get Outlook for Android<>
stevencravis
Underground
Many services (Apple, Amazon, Tidal, and I think even Deezer) are now accepting Dolby Atmos ADM BWF surround sound (with upper height channels) type audio. Most listeners do not have elaborate 7.1.4 speaker systems, so they listen primarily with earbuds or headphones to these types of tracks.

Would Pandora consider in the future, allowing 'Headphone Mixes' to be distributed to Pandora, that are labeled as such?

This would enable me to distribute binaural wav rendered from the Dolby Atmos project.

stevencravis
Underground

Note: A simple way to keep them organized in Pandora's system would be for the titles to have to include at the end: (Headphone Mix) or (Binaural) but I think 'Headphone Mix is more recognized for it's function and purpose.

EmperorJJ1
On the Rise

sounds cool on paper steven but considering its been 30 pages and 5 years for them not to up the bitrate.... i wouldnt hold my breath on that one

Captkaos2211
Underground

Exactly emperor I gave up as did a lot of other people on lossless etc a long time ago they obviously don't care 

vertfleche
Local Performer

Come on Pandora … i don't want to go to Spotify!  i’ve been with Pandora for nearly a decade.

Cant someone from Pandora at least monitor this conversation, and weigh in on why higher quality audio isn’t  being - or can’t be - offered?

thanks

chulohock
Underground
The interesting things is that it actually sounds better on the SiriusXM platform. That was some time ago that I listened via the SiriusXM platform on Android, so I'm not sure if today that's the case.

Get Outlook for Android<>