cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas: Manually add songs to a stations thumbs list

Ideas: Manually add songs to a stations thumbs list

it_investorade
Underground

I'd like to manually add a track/song to my Pandora station's thumblist.

Right now, my station doesn't play a particular artist, and I'd like to teach this artist to my station, but I can't seem to instruct the algorithm with anything other than responding to songs it plays.

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (1)
3 Comments
TannerPandora
Status changed to: Open Ideas

Hi @it_investorade! Welcome to the Ideas Board and to Pandora. I checked the account associated with your community profile and see you just created your Pandora account on 9/7/23. We're happy to have you!

Looks like you haven't created any stations on this account yet. If you need some help, you can find more about how to create, edit or delete stations from our Help Page.

Keep in mind, stations are designed to introduce you to new music through the artists and songs that you already know. At this time, listeners have limited control over when or how often a particular artists or songs will play on a Pandora station. You can type in your favorite artist or song and Pandora will do the rest. Music that is similar to your musical tastes will play in your station.

In the meantime, I recommend checking out our tips to improve your stations experience and taking a look at Pandora Modes. Modes offers six unique ways to listen to your stations to get the most out of your listening.

Your post status has been updated to Open Ideas. Thanks for visiting and hope to see you around community more!

it_investorade
Underground

I have a personal account, that I've had for years. Thanks for the FAQ, but I feel like it's disrespectful, and deliberately evasive of the intention of my post.
Please don't share my user information. I feel like that is also disrespectful, evasive, and a violation of my private information.

None of what you posted was in relevance to my suggestion, I really feel like you're trying to derail the thread.

I'm not here to get doxed, or to be given the new user FAQ, I want to teach my station new songs.

TannerPandora

Hi @it_investorade 

Thank you for your feedback. We really appreciate your input and understand there may have been some confusion in my last post.

Listening stats and account creation date, as well as other info are publicly visible and viewable to all community members. This can be accessed by selecting the username and then View Profile. If you’d prefer not to share this information, you’ll just need to ensure that your Pandora community profile is set to private.

To do this:

• Select your profile icon in the upper right hand corner.
  • Go to My Settings and then Preferences.
  • From Privacy, select who you’d like to share with and then Save.

We appreciate your suggestion around teaching your stations new songs. Thanks again for posting!