cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas: Option to block all clean or explicit content

Ideas: Option to block all clean or explicit content

FaminEatr
Underground

Pandora currently includes an option to filter out explicit content, and only play Clean or Radio Edit versions of songs.

I would like to request the opposite option, namely: Filter Clean Content.

In a way similar to the "Filter Explicit Content" option, this option would only play songs that have their un-edited, explicit content.

As an informed, consenting adult, I would prefer to listen to the "Dirty" versions of songs. As I dislike the "Clean" versions of these songs, I would prefer to not hear them. Currently the only way to do that is to thumb the song down, which just removes it and all versions of it from my shuffle or playlist.

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (4)
81 Comments
-_-1
Diamond in the Rough

I'm definitely more chill than I sound, I just don't come across it on text never have it's easier in person. That being said I'm definitely not holier than thou I just don't come across a lot of people who know a lot of the inner functions of Pandora

Look I've taken the Rockin' Holidays radio station that Pandora created and d*** near turned it into Celtic radio just from thumbs up and thumbs down I think I can solve your problem

Moderator Edit: Merged posts

-_-1
Diamond in the Rough

It's possible the idea I'm trying to bring back might be a start for a solution actually you can find it if you look on my profile it's the bookmark one. Oh right don't forget you don't have to dislike something for it to affect your station even leaving it alone tells Pandora something about what you might like, cuz if you seed both the explicit and radio edit and only get the radio edit you don't have to dislike it just skip it eventually Pandora might play the explicit version and then you can thumb that one up. This is worked for me on many occasions trying to get different versions of songs

-_-1
Diamond in the Rough

https://pandora.app.link/snY8kiGotFb  I'm sending you this as an example I'm not saying you won't enjoy it, what I'm trying to get at is if you look at the station details look at how thoroughly I fine tuned the station... I'm telling you I've spent years on it

USNKIRITO
Local Performer

Please give us the ability to choose between clean and dirty live music and original music, original artists and remix You need to freaking give us all the god dang options. I hate Pandora because I hate certain music and you don't give me the ability to not hear the music I don't want to!

-_-1
Diamond in the Rough

You do know they have a explicit content filter right? Not to mention if you go into the back channel of your you can set the song seats to the explicit songs or the radio edits it's very easy to filter you just have to have a little patience

robertakarobin
Local Performer

Just piling on to say this really annoys me, too. I've held out against Spotify so far, but this might be the last straw.

I'd rather just listen to a different song than be able to only hear the "clean" version.

-_-1
Diamond in the Rough

Is it just me.. or does no one have patience? I'm telling you guys it's all about back Channel editing combined with thumbs up thumbs down and leaving songs alone. Some of my stations have over eight pages worth of seeds and over 500 likes probably more dislikes. Once you get a station to hit a good consistent rhythm you don't always need to like or dislike songs sometimes leaving songs alone is the best course of action cuz that way it doesn't affect your station one way or the other

mowble
Local Performer

Does anyone work at Pandora anymore?  I get notifications that random people contribute to this thread - for years but I've never 'heard' anyone at Pandora address it.  It seems like a simple thing to do.  Instead of an explicit filter - a clean/radio edit filter.  I have used Pandora since its inception, but like others have mentioned - this may make me explore alternatives.  Which I don't want to do.  I like Pandora.  But I HATE music that skips.  And that is basically what clean/edited songs do.  

Then - to those comments about people not having patience, or fine tuning, or 'back channel editing' their stations - I don't typically want or really have the feasible ability to sit and mess with a station on a regular basis.  Basically, I have more important things to focus on.  Pandora plays and I mostly enjoy/ignore it in the background - until a song starts 'skipping' and it drives me nuts.  Plus I'm not familiar with the intricacies of the algorithm.  If I thumbs down a song because it is skipping, is the explicit version of that song less likely to play?  Because I often really like the songs.  WHEN THEY DON'T SKIP.  Again, I have more important things I am focusing on than the specifics of a music station.

I REALLY WANT Pandora to address this.  It is becoming a deal breaker to a very long relationship.  It is NOT a big ask - but speaking for myself it is a VERY BIG NEED from this platform!

cdrracing
Underground
I actually switched to Spotify a few months after waiting for Pandora to
respond to this. It’s crazy how long ago this was requested and literally
nothing has happened.

In a side note, I am LOVING Spotify.
ca7
Underground

omg yes. my stations/playlists have been ruined by random censored versions of songs