cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas: Play more of an artist's full catalog of songs

Ideas: Play more of an artist's full catalog of songs

Wordy
Underground

It would be great if there was a Play Mode you could choose that said "Play more variety from this artist" or something like that. I feel like day after day I get fed the same handful of songs from my favorite artists, which gets annoying. I mean, I love these songs, but if I've "told" Pandora that I like an artist (either by creating a station, thumbs up-ing a song, or seeding an Add Variety artist), then the algorithm should want to feed me MORE songs from those artists. Many of my favorite artists have hundreds of songs, so why do I get fed the five or six same ones over and over? (And I'm not talking about just finding Deep Cuts. I'm talking about hearing great songs from the whole catalog that are also well known.) I mean, I love Sweet Emotion by Aerosmith, but I don't need to hear it every day when there are plenty of other Aerosmith songs I could hear. Does anyone have a workaround or tips on how to accomplish this? Or can we add a new Play Mode to do this? Thanks!

Labels (1)
4 Comments
TannerPandora
Status changed to: New Ideas

Hi @Wordy!

Thanks for posting!

To clarify, do you mean when listening in Artist Only Mode or just in general when listening to your station?

TannerPandora
Status changed to: Open Ideas

Wordy
Underground

Hi @TannerPandora I'm talking about when generally listening. I have Pandora Plus, so I don't use Artist Only very often because I don't love the obligation to watch an ad.

TannerPandora

Thanks for the clarification, @Wordy 🙌