cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas: Show current station playing when in Shuffle mode

Ideas: Show current station playing when in Shuffle mode

William_DeMasi
Underground

Identify the source channel for the song currently playing in Shuffle mode.

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (3)
67 Comments
SJH1
Local Performer

Well said, I am thinking about deleting Pandora entirely as my stations all bleed together so the distinctions between stations has effectively disappeared……is Spotify the answer?

Moderator Edit: Removed Personal Info

AP1529
Underground

When the shuffle is turned on we should know what station the song came from. In the recent past this was accomplished by scrolling down on the now playing screen and the banner that appears would show the Station, Artist, & Song. Now the banner shows Shuffle, Artist, & Song. Change "Shuffle" back to "Station".2023-08-02_12-01-51.png

Jodabu1
Opening Act

I have not been using Pandora for a few weeks (maybe about a month). I came back today to add new and modify some of my existing stations. When shuffling, I now see what @AP1529 recently mentioned.

This thread was about adding the function that the desktop experience has, of knowing what station a song was seeded from, to all other platforms. I had posted a similar request. As much as I hate that I can not know which station a song is from on other platforms, at least I knew I had the desktop version to fall back on when needed. Now that's gone.

This is in the wrong direction. Please add this feature to all platforms and devices. Don't take it away!

Jodabu1
Opening Act

It's back, at least on desktop. I have no idea what the issue was, but now I can tell which station a song is generated from on desktop again. Now if they can just port over this ability to other platforms.

jon20036
Underground

@Jodabu1 Where do you see it on desktop? I've looked everywhere. Are you on a paid subscription?

tc-tunes
Opening Act

While on Shuffle select 'My Collection' upper left and then the new screen shows 'Recently Played'.   This will show the current song playing and what Station it is streaming from....

jon20036
Underground

Thank a lot @tc-tunes !!

Jodabu1
Opening Act

@jon20036,

Yes, I have the $4.99 Pandora Plus subscription. If you're on the free plan, I have no idea if that will make a difference or not. For me, if I'm shuffling stations and go to the "Now Playing" tab, I have to scroll down until I see the "ABOUT THE ARTIST" or "SIMILAR ARTIST" sections. At that point a new header pops up just underneath the search field.

As you can see from my screenshot that this song "Fat Bottomed Girls" is from my station called "Mixed Rock Mix."

Screenshot 2023-08-17 at 2.25.54 PM.png

eva1
Local Performer
what is this tell me more about this i am lost about this
jon20036
Underground

@Jodabu1 That works even better! Thanks. I don't know how I didn't notice that.