cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas: Show current station playing when in Shuffle mode

Ideas: Show current station playing when in Shuffle mode

William_DeMasi
Underground

Identify the source channel for the song currently playing in Shuffle mode.

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (3)
67 Comments
Jodabu1
Opening Act

@eva1  Pandora’s greatest strength is creating (and playing) custom stations based on songs, artists, or both. Then you can thumbs up or down a song generated from that station. Many of us like to highly fine tune their various stations. You may have two different rock genre stations for different purposes. In theory, some songs my overlap. But you may feel that a song you like on one station doesn’t work for you in another station. So, you like to be able to control the thumbs up and down of your various stations.

This is all well and good. However, some of us also like shuffling our various stations for various reasons. When we hear a song we like and want to give it a thumbs up, we want to know which station the song in pulling from to know if it’s appropriate to give it a thumbs up for that particular station.

We may like various songs for various reasons. But we also know that a song we like might not fit the stations that we are trying to tweak. When shuffling stations, we want to know which station a song is pulling from to rate it appropriately. In the last couple of comments, we mentioned how we can tell from a desktop. Unfortunately, the ability to know which station a song is coming from is only on a desktop. We’re out of luck on all other platforms.

tc-tunes
Opening Act

It looks like the title has changed but believe it needs an additional 'new feature or new idea' added to the description as the thread is getting long - MOBILE.   

It's great the broken functionality on desktop was recently fixed in a couple weeks but I'm guessing 95% of Pandora users (paid/not paid) are streaming from mobile devices. 

Wouldn't it be fun to see while in shuffle what station is coming from?

Yet it appears there is no response or priority to get the same capability on mobile!

AP1529
Underground

@Jodabu1 It is not showing the station for me as shown in your screenshot. What browser are you using?

Jodabu1
Opening Act

@AP1529, I'm using Chrome on a Mac.

rcdavis11
Local Performer

Scrolling down did show the current station, why it was to changed to show the artist is ridiculous when it's already show front and center.  Looking at "why this song" and it responds because it fit's your profile is useless.  Being able to fine tune your stations based on the music played is more valuable top optimize your listening experience.   Please fix. 

Cumminsjw
Underground

Why would this even need to voted on for Pandora to consider this feature? It makes absolutely zero sense! Most of your users, including employees who also use the service, no doubt listen on a mobile device. Add in the fact that this thread is 4 years old and it's still not a feature in the app. I cannot comprehend how that is the case. Get your act together, Pandora!

tc-tunes
Opening Act

Well said Cumminsjw!   I think it is time for us to switch over to the dark side, Spotify.   It is completely ridiculous that there is zero communication after 4-years.  For all we know it will never happen.  Novel idea...Pandora could survey their long time members/subscription members for a variety of topics such as top features.   It's definitely not clear how they are making roadmap decisions....dart board?