Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas: Stop auto-subsitituition of unavailable tracks on playlists

Ideas: Stop auto-subsitituition of unavailable tracks on playlists

LK82
Local Performer
0 Kudos

I've spent a fair amount of time making a number of playlists across various genres.  Every so often, original tracks are no longer available on Pandora, and the program substitutes a different version.  Usually the substitution is some awful re-recording or remix.

Instead of auto-substituting songs no longer available, just gray the track out.  I don't know if it's to give the illusion they're not losing catalog or some other reason, but in the end, I invariably remove the substitute.  It's a literal playlist destroyer.

My spouse is an employee, so my service is free.  If I paid for my sub, I would have switched services a long time ago for this reason alone.

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (1)
3 Comments
TannerPandora
Status changed to: Open Ideas

Hi @LK82! Thanks for posting your feedback about track swapping within playlists.

Your post status has been updated to Open Ideas. Thanks for being part of community!

Big-Foot
Local Performer

I’m a paying subscriber and have been for roughly 15 years and I am totally sick of the substitution songs with the wrong beat, the wrong sound, etc.  I am exceedingly close to cancelling my subscription, Pandora!

Don’t bother with your response of “noted”.  Do something about it - your subscribers are demanding it!

Big-Foot
Local Performer

I’m a paying subscriber and have been for roughly 15 years and I am totally sick of the substitution songs with the wrong beat, the wrong sound, etc.  I am exceedingly close to cancelling my subscription, Pandora!

Don’t bother with your response of “noted”.  Do something about it - your subscribers are demanding it!