cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A Capella Radio

UncleBud
Chart Topper

I had a sick child to look after last night. Since I was going to be up I thought I'd make the most of it. I've curated 78 A Cappella songs into a playlist called "A Cappella Radio".

Screenshot_20220223-063247.png

A Capella Radio  Just click and collect the playlist.

Sorry about the screenshot. It turned out blurry. Each Wednesday I'll add more songs to the playlist. I was inspired by @MOHLovesAlaska who mentioned Home Free, an A Capella group that is included on this playlist. Hope you enjoy it. Just in case you're not familiar with A Cappella it is songs performed without any instruments...just the artists making their own music and singing.

EDIT:

Out of the 78 songs currently on the playlist, I liked 8 of them so much I added them to my favorites playlist. Here they are:

Stay With Me - Street Corner Symphony

Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy - Pentatonix

I Won't Give Up  - Straight No Chaser featuring Jason Mraz

Brown Eyed Girl - Tonic Sol-Fa

Let It Be - Scatter Tones

Your Man - Home Free

I'm Yours / Somewhere Over the Rainbow - Straight No Chaser

Jolene - Straight No Chaser featuring Dolly Parton

EDIT

I will start updating this playlist on Mondays instead of Wednesdays.

15 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Awesome! I love this idea, @UncleBud. Can't wait to check it out.

Hope the kiddo is feeling better soon. ❣️

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.22.24) 

UncleBud
Chart Topper

@AlyssaPandora Thank you! She is better today but we kept her out of school. I look forward to updating this post each Wednesday.

@UncleBud I agree with @AlyssaPandora this is going to be a great post, looking forward to seeing your weekly updates. I'm also happy to hear your little is doing better. For me, there is nothing worse than having a little one sick. Take care and stay safe. 

MOHLovesAlaska

UncleBud
Chart Topper

Well I've got an update for the playlist. I'll be adding these 5 songs to the A Capella Radio playlist:

Brick House - Rockapella

My Cherie Amour - Rockapella

Unchained Melody - Home Free

Tennessee Whiskey - Straight No Chaser

Keep Your Head Up - Maccabeats

I enjoyed all of these songs but I'm going to say my favorite out of the 5 songs is "Keep Your Head Up" by the Maccabeats. They are a group from Israel. I hope you'll enjoy these songs.

PS

I edited my original post to include my favorite from last week. Another update next Wednesday.

UncleBud
Chart Topper

Well it's Wednesday and time for another update. I'll be adding these 5 songs this week to the playlist:

Hey Soul Sister - Street Corner Symphony

Sweet Home Alabama - Committed

Issues - Pentatonix

Lean On Me - Straight No Chaser

K'shehalev Bocheh - Maccabeats

I have to say that Committed really put their own spin on "Sweet Home Alabama" but I enjoyed it. Obviously I liked all these songs but I'm going to say that my favorite this week is "K'shehalev Bocheh". It's in Hebrew and I don't know any Hebrew but I enjoyed the song. The first line of the song in English translates into this:

" When the heart cries only God hears. "

That's beautiful and that is what the title means in English. @MOHLovesAlaska you might appreciate this song.

Alphagirl
Up & Coming Artist

I like this idea I have something like this on another music app

UncleBud
Chart Topper

It's Wednesday and I normally add 5 new songs to the playlist. I will be adding those songs tomorrow but next week I'll get back on schedule for Wednesdays.

UncleBud
Chart Topper

Good Thursday morning to you all. Here are the 5 songs I'm adding to the playlist today:

Bills Bills Bills - Glee Cast

Cry Me A River - The Backbeats

No Diggity - On The Rocks

Eleanor Rigby - Tonic Sol-Fa

Problem - Pentatonix

I'm going to say my favorite this week is "No Diggity". It was pretty cool to hear an A Capella version of this song.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Nice! Thanks so much for sharing, @UncleBud. 👍

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.22.24) 

UncleBud
Chart Topper

Sorry I didn't update my playlist this week. I'll update it Monday and start updating each week on Mondays. Enjoy your weekend.

UncleBud
Chart Topper

Good Monday morning to you all. Here are 5 more songs that have been added to the playlist.

Closing Time - Straight No Chaser

Love You Long Time - Pentatonix

Sixteen Tons - Geoff Castellucci

Long Black Train - Tonic Sol-Fa

If I Were A Boy - The Backbeats

I enjoyed all 5 songs but my favorite this week is "If I Were A Boy". I'll post again next Monday.  

UncleBud
Chart Topper

Good Monday evening. I didn't have time today to post earlier so I'm posting now. Here are this week's 5 songs that have been added to the playlist:

The Showman Medley - VoicePlay featuring Rachel Potter

Bless The Broken Road - Home Free

Southern Autumn Nostalgia - Street Corner Symphony

Can't Take My Eyes Off You - Straight No Chaser

I Need Your Love - Pentatonix

My favorite out of the 5 would be Home Free's "Bless The Broken Road". I'll post again next Monday.

UncleBud
Chart Topper

I've decided to temporarily suspend posting updates here. I haven't received much support for this post only garnering 2 or 3 likes per post. Hopefully at some point in the not-so-far future there will be a renewed interest in this post. If so I'll begin posting here again. This is a really good playlist for those who enjoy a cappella music. Thanks to all who have supported this post. Peace! ✌️

@UncleBud I enjoyed this post, hopefully, you will get some more interest with this post. Take care and stay safe. 

MOHLovesAlaska

Girlundone22
Local Performer

❤️ 

LOVE THIS thank you!!