cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Artist Only not playing all songs

River
Underground

I’ve triple checked to make sure songs by an artist aren’t thumbed down, I’ve even added the songs to the station’s “variety” directly and tried artist only… but it still refuses to play certain songs on artist only that are by the artist. Is there any fix?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@River While Pandora stations will learn what you like and don't like based on Thumbs feedback, it's not possible to predict exactly which song will play next.

So although you may be listening to that station in Artist Only Mode, there isn't a way to get any specific tracks to play during that listening session.

This being said, as a Pandora Premium user, you do have the option of manually playing any track by a particular artist on demand.

You can even create a customized playlist, and add all songs by a particular artist that you'd like to hear during that listening session.

Check out this thread for instructions on how you can set up a new playlist: How to create a new playlist

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

3 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@River While Pandora stations will learn what you like and don't like based on Thumbs feedback, it's not possible to predict exactly which song will play next.

So although you may be listening to that station in Artist Only Mode, there isn't a way to get any specific tracks to play during that listening session.

This being said, as a Pandora Premium user, you do have the option of manually playing any track by a particular artist on demand.

You can even create a customized playlist, and add all songs by a particular artist that you'd like to hear during that listening session.

Check out this thread for instructions on how you can set up a new playlist: How to create a new playlist

Hope this helps!

River
Underground

Hey Adam. I want to take a song off a station’s shelf. Why is this not possible? I can force “Jesus Take the Wheel” onto my “Five Finger Death Punch” station with seeding.

Your seeds are MUCH stronger than your algorithm. However, even seeding a song onto it’s artist’s station doesn’t overwrite a “shelf” and that’s the issue I’m facing. I can’t unshelf a song no matter what I do/try

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@River Unfortunately, there isn't a way to take a song off the "shelf" once that has been done.

You will need to wait it out, and eventually that track will begin to play on your station again.

Hope this helps explain.

0 Kudos