cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto-generated playlist bugs

TaterTot
Local Performer

Hi, I’ve had a few problems and bugs with playlists. Would love for someone from Pandora to address it. 

(1) I see several auto generated playlists under the MyProfile tab. When selecting “add to my collection”, they do not add, the button shows a check for a few seconds and resets. I tried this on Android and IOS.

(2) Its generally super confusing to have playlists stored under two different tabs — why?

(3) The playlists under My Profile that were auto generated like “My Maroon 5 Thumbs Up Playlist”, don’t seem able to delete them. Why? I don’t want them.

(4) Having major problems on Google Home with these auto generated playlists. When asking Google “Hey Google, play Maroon 5”, it’s not automatically playing the Maroon 5 radio station, but rather playing the Maroon 5 auto generated playlist under the My Profile tab. Unfortunately it plays the same songs in the same order every single time before moving onto new songs. This is a horrible experience— I want Pandora for it’s  radio mix, not to replay the same songs in the same order every time. And as noted into #3 above, doesn’t seem possible to delete these auto generated playlists. 

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity
Labels (1)
2 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@TaterTot Nice to see you around the community. 

Adding auto-generated playlists to your collection:

To clarify, the auto-generated playlists such as your "My Maroon 5 Thumbs Up Playlist” don't actually need to get re-added to your collection. Once they are generated, they should automatically be added to your collection without you having to go through those steps.

To clarify, do some of your "My XX Thumbs Up" playlists show up under your Profile tab, but not in My Collection?

If so, what are the names of those specific playlists? 

Let me know.

Playlists showing in Profile and My Collection:

Think of the Profile tab as an overview of your account activity. This section of the app will show some of your recently listened to content (including playlists).

If you find this area of the app confusing when attempting to locate specific content you collected, I recommend navigating straight to My Collection instead. From there, you can easily sort your collection by Playlists specifically if that is the added content you are looking for. 

For more information on how My Collection works, you can view this help page article

Deleting auto-generated playlists:

You should be able to delete those playlists from your collection.

To delete a playlist from a mobile device:

To delete a playlist, go to My Collection and tap the name of the playlist you'd like to delete. 

Tap the Edit icon below the album art, scroll down and select Delete Playlist.

To delete a playlist from our website:

Go to My Collection, locate the playlist you want to delete and hover over the album art. Click the ellipsis (three dots) and select Remove from your collection

Voice-command issues with Google Home playing wrong content:

We are aware of this issue and are working on it. Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

TaterTot
Local Performer

Thanks Adam! Please see my comments below. 

Adding auto-generated playlists to your collection:

Yes, that is correct, I am not seeing any of the "My XX Thumbs Up" playlists in My Collections. (However there might be a chance I deleted them a few months back from My Collections, come to think of it to try to fix problem #4 below.) Regardless I can confirm: when I go to Profile Tab > Playlists > Select a play list > Press the "Collect" circle with a plus button -- it does not add it to My Collections. 

Example playlists: Maroon 5 Radio Thumbs Up, Bossa Nova Radio Thumbs Up, Jack Johnson Radio Thumbs Up 

Playlists showing in Profile and My Collection:

Sounds good, thank you. 

Deleting auto-generated playlists:

Thanks, no problem deleting from My Collections. Will ignore trying to delete from the Profile tab.

Voice-command issues with Google Home playing wrong content:

Thanks - just for feedback and context, this is the most critical issue that we have. To be honest, if this persists for a while, we'll likely switch back to Spotify. (We were long time Pandora users (love Pandora!), switched to Spotify to try it for a while, but felt like we kept coming back to Pandora b/c the radio is better. 80% of our use is radio, 20% is playlists/offline mode.) Pandora should play to it's strength -- personalized radio. If all Pandora is doing on Google Home is opening playlists, it dis-incentives us to create new playlists, and Spotify is less buggy (better UI).