cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't delete certain Artists from variety

ZhonLord
Underground

Some of the Variety items I've added to my favorite station can't be deleted.  I added them to see what result it would have on my playlist and it started giving me songs with lyrics (which I've specifically curated this station to NOT have).  Now I'm unable to remove them.   From what I can tell, because it lacks an "artist" or "song" descriptor, the standard share/delete options refuse to pop up. 

Anyone know a fix for this or a way around it that doesn't involve completely remaking my station and just not adding those artists?

Example of issueExample of issue

Labels (1)
44 Replies

ZhonLord
Underground

@AdamPandora  Okay, now that I know it's composers/genres specifically, I've marked that statement as the solution for anyone else who's running into the same issue.  That said, could you please go through my "Stringed Instrumental" channel and just remove all the composers at once?  (see below)  I've got them written down so I can add specific works from them for curating, rather than pinging you piecemeal for each adjustment I'd like to do.

Dvorak

Beethoven

Bach

Tchaikovsky

Mozart

Kreisler

Klaus Bedelt

Brahms

Paganini

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ZhonLord No problem - I went ahead and removed all of those composers from your station.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

SeaSquirt
Local Performer

Found this thread searching for a solution to this exact problem.

I need "This Will Destroy You" removed from my "This Fallen World" station... there are two entries on the station... the one I can't remove is the one without any designation as "Artist". The other one should stay!

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@SeaSquirt I've gone ahead and removed This Will Destroy You from your This Fallen World station.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

drtroch1
Local Performer

I need John Williams the composer removed from a list. can you help

0 Kudos

drtroch1
Local Performer

It is on my "classical" station

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@drtroch1 John Williams (Composer) has now been removed as variety from your Classical station.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

Nannaltap
Local Performer

Please remove Craig Morgan from my Kurt Vile playlist.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Nannaltap You should be able to remove International Harvester by Craig Morgan as variety from your station.

When on a computer, that option can be found here:

Screen Shot 2021-06-20 at 5.34.13 AM.png

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

To remove that song as variety from your iPad:

1. From My Collection, visit your station list.
2. Tap on the name of the station you'd like to edit. 
  • If you're a Pandora Premium subscriber, this will take you directly to the station's "backstage page." 

3. From the station's backstage page, tap on the Edit icon (the small pencil to the left of the play icon) to edit your station, and scroll down to Station Created From.

4. Tap the small (-) beside the item(s) you'd like to remove. 

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

vo8
Local Performer

Hi Adam, I’d like to remove the song I Stand On That by E-40 from my Joe Mettle station variety. I’d appreciate your help if it’s not too late 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

No problem, @vo8.

I've gone ahead and removed I Stand On That (feat. Joyner Lucas & T.I.) as variety from your Joe Mettle station.

For future reference, you should be able to do this on your end.

Check out the accepted solution to this thread for instructions on how do so: Removing Variety from a Station

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

vo8
Local Performer

thank you so much! 

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Always happy to help, @vo8. 😁

0 Kudos

Jmaleah
Local Performer

I am having the same issue. I cannot remove Dire Straights from my Florida Georgia Line station. Can you help?

Update: I believe I have it corrected. Thanks anyway!

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Jmaleah Glad to hear things are back up and running again.

If this continues to be an issue down the line, please make sure to reach back out to us and let us know.

Thanks for listening!

0 Kudos

PeteJohansen
Local Performer

Hey Adam, we are experiencing the same issue and need a composer genre removed. Let me know what you need from us to fix this.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@PeteJohansen What is the name of the station, as well as the name of the composer you need removed as variety from that station?

Let me know.

0 Kudos

PeteJohansen
Local Performer

MGR Greenfield is the Station, Kenji Yamamoto & Minako Hamano is the artist
(it's a single artist that comes up) that needs to be removed.
--

*Patrick Gunderson*

Moderator Edit: Removed Personal Info

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for following up, @PeteJohansen.

That seed has now been removed from your MGR Greenfield station.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

alexgraves
Local Performer

Hi! I've run into this problem as well. Can you remove Yelawolf from my Today's Hits station, please?

0 Kudos