cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't edit/add variety to composer stations

localecho
Opening Act

Hi there,

I am using Pandora Plus through a Google Chrome browser on PC.  When I click the ellipsis or right-click on the name of a Artist in the "Station Created From" section, I am given no options at all, only a blank drop-down. 

I am including a screenshot of this.  This was a station started from an artist, not a Pandora Genre Station.  This same problem occurs for every Artist Seed item for this station and other stations I have created.

Is this really a problem or the way Pandora works now?  I believe that I have been able to delete Artist Seeds in the past.

Thanks.

Screenshot.jpg

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Nicholai I moved your post over to this existing thread: Can't edit/add variety to composer stations

It looks like that is a station based off of a composer.

Composer stations are stations curated by Pandora, and they behave a little bit differently than your own personalized stations. One difference is that you cannot Add Variety to these stations.

While there was once a bug that allowed users to add additional artist/song seeds to their composer stations, that bug has since been resolved.

At this point, it is no longer possible to edit these stations.

That's because Adding Variety could change your listening experience on these stations; added seeds would most likely inspire music outside of the scope of the intended genre.

This being said, I went ahead and removed both of those artists from your Relaxing music station on my end.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
11 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @localecho,

I'm happy to look into this - what is the name of this station?

Let me know.

0 Kudos

localecho
Opening Act

Thanks, I call it "Classical Scores"

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for clarifying that with me, @localecho.

Composer stations are stations curated by Pandora, and they behave a little bit differently than your own personalized stations. One difference is that you cannot Add Variety to these stations.

While there was once a bug that allowed users to add additional artist/song seeds to their composer stations, that bug has since been resolved.

At this point, it is no longer possible to edit the name of these stations, or to add variety.

That's because Adding Variety could change your listening experience on these stations; added seeds would most likely inspire music outside of the scope of the intended genre.

That said, when listening from a computer or mobile device, you can access Pandora Modes to customize your station experience. You can pick different modes like Crowd Faves, Discovery and Deep Cuts.

For more information on Pandora Modes, you can view this page.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

localecho
Opening Act

Thanks for letting me know what is going on.  

And a follow-up question: Can we sign up to receive notifications when bug fixes or other updates are released?

Thanks again.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@localecho No problem at all.

While there isn't a way to receive notifications when bug fixes or other updates are released, I recommend creating a feature request for your suggestion here.

In the meantime if you are ever running into issues with the site/app, fee free to comment on an existing thread (if it aligns with what you are experiencing), or create a new thread, and myself or one of our other moderators will be happy to help.

Hope we continue to see you around the Community some more! 😎

0 Kudos

Nicholai
Local Performer

Hi, I cannot remove two artists from my custom station named "Relaxing Music".

The artists are "John Williams (Composer)" and John Powell

The options are under the "More" section are blank (other artists show 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Nicholai I moved your post over to this existing thread: Can't edit/add variety to composer stations

This being said, I went ahead and removed both of those artists from your Relaxing music station on my end.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

Nicholai
Local Performer

Thank you!

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Always happy to help, @Nicholai. 😁 

0 Kudos

NCGrind
Local Performer

Example:  I have created a collection (station) called Baroque Classical Music.  It plays various Baroque artists chosen by Pandora... but I want to "add" different artists/composers who do not appear in this collection... Is it possible to add new artists to an existing station (collection)???  When I try to add a new artist, it creates an entire new station, and I end up with 2 collections playing Baroque music... I would like all of the Baroque music to be in one collection... I used to be able to do this, but that feature has disappeared...  Thanks for your ideas...

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@NCGrind I moved your post over to this existing thread: Can't edit/add variety to composer stations

It looks like your Classical Baroque station was originally created from a composer (Henry Purcell) but was later renamed.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

This being said, I do see your account is currently upgraded to Pandora Premium.

With this level of subscription, you have the ability to play content on demand, meaning you can pick and choose specific songs you want to hear.

What I recommend doing is creating a playlist, and adding all of your favorite Baroque tracks to it. You can then shuffle through that playlist. 

Check out the accepted solution to this thread for instructions on how you can create a customized playlist: How to create a new playlist

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos