cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comedy channels in my music feed.

RAudio
Local Performer

I have never subscribed to or even listened to a comedy or story channel but somehow they have all of a sudden started popping into my music feed. I have been giving them all thumbs down as soon I realize what they are but unfortunately it has not stopped them from popping in. Can you block them somehow so this madness stops? 

Labels (1)
50 Replies

Nona
Underground

I found it and deleted it.  Not sure how it got in there and hopefully there aren't any more but if there is I now know to come here and have you help me figure it out.  Thank you.

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Always happy to help, @Nona.

Enjoy the music! 😄

0 Kudos

Gilman
Local Performer

I, too, subscribe to Pandora for the music, and keep getting vapid comedy standup when I use "Shuffle Stations", particularly on one device.  I don't really know how to do "screenshots".  What do I look for in the next pop-up comedy routine I receive in order to eliminate this plague?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Gilman If you do not know how to take a screenshot on your device, no worries.

The next time a comedy standup plays on your account, please make note of the name of the comedy track that is playing, as well as the name of the comedian.

Please also make note of the exact time and day that it plays and we'll be happy to further investigate.

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

sbrown7280
Underground

I'm having the same problem and it's very annoying.  It has almost made me stop listening.  For everyone I thumbs down, it plays two more.

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@sbrown7280 Can you please do me a favor and send me a screenshot of the next comedy track that plays on your station?

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

sbrown7280
Underground

I'm not sure how to do that but there is a bunch in my thumbs down list.  Some examples-Compromises and Cadillacs by Chris Porter and Caplets December 2014 by John Caparulo.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@sbrown7280 We've made a small change that should help. Please try again and let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos

sbrown7280
Underground

Ok, thanks!

Gilman
Local Performer

@AdamPandora okay, the latest was 3pm CST today 12-09-22:  "40th Birthday Skydiving" -Tom Hester.
I subscribe for THE MUSIC, not to have some dweeb come on screaming obscenities in my ear.
Honestly, I am this close to cancelling after subscribing for at least 10 years.
Don't give me any more chores  to do.  This only started within the last year.  YOU started this; YOU **ahem** put a god damned stop to it, or it's buh-bye.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Gilman It looks like those comedy tracks are being played due to a comedy station you have in your collection - Billy Joel Radio:

Screen Shot 2022-12-10 at 5.04.49 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-12-10 at 5.04.40 AM.png

That station you added is actually a comedy track called Billy Joel by the comedian Jeremy Essig.

I recommend removing that station from your collection if you no longer want to hear comedy tracks when shuffling your stations.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

Gilman
Local Performer

thx. today I had Dan Soder, HBO Comedy Special "Son of a Gary" - I'm Broken, using the very same language you censor in this community forum

hope this works.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Gilman I do see you were able to delete the Billy Joel Radio station from your collection.

To clarify, did that comedy track play after the station was deleted, or before?

Let me know.

0 Kudos

Daninayy1990
Local Performer

Good Afternoon,

Can you please help me stopping the comedy on my pandora shuffle? 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Daninayy1990 Can you please do me a favor and send me a screenshot of the next comedy track that plays on your station?

(Please note you won't be able to attach images via email - you will need to open this Community link in a web browser in order to provide attachments)

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

Daninayy1990
Local Performer

Here it is 🙂

Screenshot 2023-02-13 135113.png

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Daninayy1990 Thanks for sending that over.

It looks like those comedy tracks are being played due to a comedy station you have in your collection - Spa Music Radio:

Screen Shot 2023-02-13 at 11.24.57 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-02-13 at 11.24.44 AM.png

That station you added is actually a comedy track called Spa Music by the comedian Dane Cook.

I recommend removing that station from your collection if you no longer want to hear comedy tracks when shuffling your stations.

Hope this helps!

timothymiller21
Local Performer

Hello, I am having the same issue.  The comedian's name is Kellen Erskine and the bit is called "Grocery Stores".  I couldn't figure out how to upload a screen shot.  Can you also explain how you are finding what station the comedy routines are linked to so we can try and find it ourselves?  Thank you for your help.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@timothymiller21 To clarify, is that comedy skit playing when listening in Shuffle Mode?

If so, when listening to Shuffle, you can view which station a particular song is from by scrolling to the bottom of the Now Playing screen. A banner will appear at the top of the window.

It should say "[Station_Name] Radio," and then the name of the track.

Here is a picture of where it will be located:

Screen Shot 2023-05-18 at 9.41.18 AM.png

If that comedy skit plays again, please give it a thumbs down and let me know what station you see it is playing from on your end.

Thanks for working with me on this.

0 Kudos

MartinDK108
Local Performer

Morning Pandorians. 

I created a classical music station a while back (A few years plus). Mostly it has been fine, but within the past year or so its been dropping in Comedian tracks every so often. Its getting more frequent now. 

I've only added artist that is classical none were comedians. Not sure why it's injecting comedians into a classical station. 

Anyone know why? Its getting bad. I am about to delete the station and start over, but I've really like the variety i've built (minus the comedians).

Cheers,

0 Kudos