cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comedy stations not playing seeded artist

armcomdes
Local Performer

I've been listening to a few comedy stations, namely Jim Gaffigan, David Spade and Brian Regan.

It's always been the selected comedian's routines, and a great blend of other similar comedians. Lately these stations are playing everything BUT the compedian I've selected. The David Spade station has yet to play anything by David Spade.

What's up with that?!

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@armcomdes I understand that it's frustrating not to hear the comedian that you've seeded a station with, but at this time, listeners have limited control over when or how often particular comedians or comedy skits will play on Pandora stations.

If you would like to listen to a particular comedian on-demand, we do offer a solution through Pandora Premium subscriptions and complimentary sessions of Pandora Premium. This service combines our industry leading radio service with on-demand listening.

With Pandora Premium, you can also create customized playlists where you can pick and choose what comedy skits you'd like to listen to. 

Use this link to learn more about upgrading. Alternatively, you can start a complimentary session simply by searching our library for a song or album, and clicking play. This will trigger a short advertisement, after which you can enjoy content on-demand.

Thanks for being a part of the community!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
12 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@armcomdes I understand that it's frustrating not to hear the comedian that you've seeded a station with, but at this time, listeners have limited control over when or how often particular comedians or comedy skits will play on Pandora stations.

If you would like to listen to a particular comedian on-demand, we do offer a solution through Pandora Premium subscriptions and complimentary sessions of Pandora Premium. This service combines our industry leading radio service with on-demand listening.

With Pandora Premium, you can also create customized playlists where you can pick and choose what comedy skits you'd like to listen to. 

Use this link to learn more about upgrading. Alternatively, you can start a complimentary session simply by searching our library for a song or album, and clicking play. This will trigger a short advertisement, after which you can enjoy content on-demand.

Thanks for being a part of the community!

0 Kudos

armcomdes
Local Performer

Adam

I understand the limits of a complimentary subscription, but to experience zero routines from a comedian on a station named after that comedian (David Spade) seems a bit misleading, especially if I was that comedian.

My best resolution was to switch to Spotify. They are giving me more accurate content then I ever experienced on Pandora. We'll see.

Thank you for your clarification.

ctalbus
Local Performer
I agree wholeheartedly with Adam. I try listening to the Ron White station and have yet to hear anything by Ron White. Jeff Foxworthy, and Bill Engvall however ad nauseum. Very frustrating.

tfiormonti
Local Performer

During the past 4 days, I have selected 10 different comedian's stations.  While listening to a station for example Ron White, Bill Engvall, John Mulaney, George Carlin, Mike Birbiglia, among others... not one time did Pandora play a track from the artist/name of the station.  This is very frustrating.  I press the skip button 15-20 times and not one time did a track from John Mulaney play on his station. 

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@tfiormonti I moved your post over to this existing thread: Comedy stations not playing seeded artist

Check out the accepted solution for more information around this.

Thanks for being a part of the Community! :pandora:

0 Kudos

NurseDad
Local Performer

I have been playing a Jim Gaffigan Station for 2 weeks, usually a couple hours each night, and haven’t heard him once. I only get a cycle of six other comedians. In the time of not having him play even one time, I’ve heard most of the other comedians’ same bits over and over, sometimes with in the same hour. It has never been like this before. This is either a glitch or there was a fundamental change in the way the app works. It’s a shame that the very first app I ever downloaded to my first iPhone, and what I used on my computer since college in 2007. Never used Spotify, but I see no other solution. 

0 Kudos

NurseDad
Local Performer

3A729C78-6BF5-41CA-B35E-B4E143EEE97E.jpeg

I think I figured it out. Those artists probably aren’t available on Pandora anymore. I just searched my created stations, and my favorite comedians, Tom Segura, Chad Daniels, and Jim Gaffigan, are all listed as “this content is no longer available on Pandora.” So, it looks like it’s time to give Spotify a try. 16 years of using Pandora without issue. Such a shame. 

MissyScott
Local Performer

I’m really disappointed. If I choose one of my favorite comedians station I now get NO content from that person. If I understand correctly the only way to get them is to upgrade to a paid product. Unacceptable after all these years!  Greed wins. 

0 Kudos

Nickjoseph7777
Underground

I don't understand why pandora can't find a way to either run ads or meet some kind of contract agreement with the comedians so we can still listen to their content. Kathleen Madigan, Jim Gaffigan, so many big artists used to have 5 or 10 albums on here and now the only ones left are old albums or albums from artists who make money being offensive over funny.

MissyScott
Local Performer
I’m really tired of the same 12 comedian with very old material being played. I don’t care which person I select, the same folks are being broadcast. Clearly this is a money grab. If I wanted to purchase a comedians work I would but it outright. This pay to play isn’t even giving me anything tangible.
Anything that you think we can do about it?

Sent from my iPhone

LS23
Local Performer

Station has stopped playing the person who’s channel it is 

it is a comedy channel and of a particular comedian and Pandora never plays this favored ccomedy median on this chanel any more—EVER

Why? 

0 Kudos

Johnno
Local Performer

As a premium Pandora subscriber for years, I, too, have experienced this same issue when trying to listen to Kathleen Madigan. I open her station and get every comedian except her! Very frustrating for a service that I pay for! Should I be looking elsewhere for my streaming services?