cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do curated playlists affect Thumbprint Radio?

darkdevil19881
Underground

Hello,

When i listen to curated playlists on Pandora. Do the algorithm also pick up that i listen to that songs and recommend them in for example the thumb print radio station? I like some of the curated playlists but i hope that songs also play in my thumbprint radio station.

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for clarifying, @darkdevil19881.

No - if you add tracks to a Thumbs Up playlist that gets created for a specific station, it will not affect the station it is connected to.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@darkdevil19881 I moved your post over to the My Collection space.

Listening to curated playlists does not affect the tracks that play on Thumbprint Radio.

Thumbprint Radio uses your thumbs to create a unique listening experience. By playing both thumbed-up and non-thumbed tracks from across all your stations, we hope to bring you lots of your favorites while sprinkling in some new finds in a seamless listening journey.

Hope this helps explain.

0 Kudos

darkdevil19881
Underground

Ok thank you 🙂

And if i add this songs to a playlist what is created bij a radio station like thumbprint radio ( the songs i like from a curated playlist ) will this helping to notify the station i would enjoy this song? I read somewhere in the past that this playlists get used by the radio station to know what you like and not. 

Thanks for advice 🙂

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@darkdevil19881 The customized playlists you create do not affect your collected stations in any way (including Thumbprint Radio).

Hope this helps clarify!

0 Kudos

darkdevil19881
Underground

Sorry maybe i don't explain it on the right way.

I mean when i start a radio station i like a few songs it automatically creates a playlist. In that playlist get stored all the likes from that specific station. 

If i will add songs to that playlist from a curated playlist or album. Will that effect the radiostation that is connected to that playlist? 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for clarifying, @darkdevil19881.

No - if you add tracks to a Thumbs Up playlist that gets created for a specific station, it will not affect the station it is connected to.

0 Kudos

darkdevil19881
Underground

Thank you for make this clear for me ☺️

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Always happy to help, @darkdevil19881😎

Enjoy the music!

0 Kudos