cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exclude radio/single versions of songs

nitromustang65
Local Performer

Pandora Support, I realize I'm not paying the top tier for your service, but I am a paying customer.  Why is it that I am hearing songs that are edited for length?  I want to hear the whole song as it is on the album, not a shortened "radio/single edit."

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@nitromustang65 We don't currently have the option to filter out certain versions of tracks, such as radio/single edits on Pandora stations.

The best way to get your idea heard is by upvoting and commenting on this idea submission in Pandora Community.

To upvote an idea, select the heart icon next to the title of the suggestion. Learn more about how ideas work on the Community by checking out our Ideas and Feedback Policy & FAQs.

In the meantime, if you Thumb Down a radio/single version of a song, you will not hear that version again on the station you're listening to. This will not keep the studio version of that track from playing and doesn't necessarily mean that you will no longer hear other songs by that artist. You should use your Thumb ratings freely to tell Pandora what you want and don't want to hear.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@nitromustang65 We don't currently have the option to filter out certain versions of tracks, such as radio/single edits on Pandora stations.

The best way to get your idea heard is by upvoting and commenting on this idea submission in Pandora Community.

To upvote an idea, select the heart icon next to the title of the suggestion. Learn more about how ideas work on the Community by checking out our Ideas and Feedback Policy & FAQs.

In the meantime, if you Thumb Down a radio/single version of a song, you will not hear that version again on the station you're listening to. This will not keep the studio version of that track from playing and doesn't necessarily mean that you will no longer hear other songs by that artist. You should use your Thumb ratings freely to tell Pandora what you want and don't want to hear.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

ChayaPerez
Local Performer

Thanks for solution!

0 Kudos

HadassahBowman
Local Performer

Just dropping by to share a quick thought – any chance we could skip those edited versions and enjoy the full album experience? As a paying customer, it would be awesome to savor the music as the artists intended. By the way, stumbled upon some cool audio gear lately, like wholesale power amplifier, for an enhanced music journey.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@HadassahBowman To clarify, the ability to search and play full albums is only an option with a Pandora Premium subscription. If you'd like to upgrade or find out more information on the full benefits of a Pandora Premium subscription, you can view this page

Alternatively, you can initiate a Pandora Premium Session which allows you to listen to content on-demand or try Pandora Premium without committing to a subscription.

For more information on how to start a free Pandora Premium Session, you can view this page

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

Diamond in the Rough

I have the opposite problem. Songs that I am used to hearing as singles are too long. I Love Music pt 1 (O'Jays), Miracles (Jefferson Starship), Montego Bay (Bobby Bloom 2:22), Sweet Surrender edit (John Denver 3:09). I have Pandora Premium, and still have this problem. If not for iTunes, I wouldn't have access to these single versions.

0 Kudos