cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I view my (relatively recent) play history?

frappyjohn
Local Performer

While doing housework, I was grooving on a great song from Alison Krauss that I hadn't heard in a while (probably because I hadn't played that station in a while) and noticed I hadn't thumbed it up yet. About that time I lost my wi-fi and Pandora switched to one of my offline stations. I rushed back to my wi-fi reception area, frantically switched back to the original channel and, of course, Pandora starts playing another song and has lost my recent history for that station.

I've searched as best I can and can't find any way to view my play history other than the current session of the current station! Seems like this should be a basic function. Am I missing something?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@frappyjohn We don't actually save a list of songs from each of your listening sessions, as this would use a lot of memory.

However, you can scroll back through your current listening session to view the recently played tracks. From the Now Playing screen, swipe right to scroll through previously played songs.

If you'd like to see this feature implemented, feel free to upvote this existing request: Make Listening History Available 

• To upvote an idea / suggestion / request, click on the ❤️ icon next to the title.
  • For more information about how feature requests work on the community, please check out this helpful infographic: "How do requests become features?" 

Thanks for being a part of the community! :pandora:

View solution in original post

73 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@frappyjohn We don't actually save a list of songs from each of your listening sessions, as this would use a lot of memory.

However, you can scroll back through your current listening session to view the recently played tracks. From the Now Playing screen, swipe right to scroll through previously played songs.

If you'd like to see this feature implemented, feel free to upvote this existing request: Make Listening History Available 

• To upvote an idea / suggestion / request, click on the ❤️ icon next to the title.
  • For more information about how feature requests work on the community, please check out this helpful infographic: "How do requests become features?" 

Thanks for being a part of the community! :pandora:

username777
Underground
Not quite buying this answer as YouTube is able to easily show a list of every video I've even partially watched (even ones I click on by accident) , and they've figured out a way to keep track of that info and make it available to each enduser....

davecampbell
Underground

totally agree.

We don't actually save a list of songs from each of your listening sessions, as this would use a lot of memory.

lamest answer ever.

being able to simply review every song i've listened to, by day for the past month, would be AWESOME.

i'd love to be able to see the list of songs i listened to last saturday, so i could go try to find the tabs or chords.  i discover so much new music using pandora - NOT having this feature may encourage me to quit paying for it and move to a service that does have an easy-to-use history feature.

mgrady3
Local Performer

>We don't actually save a list of songs from each of your listening sessions, as this would use a lot of memory.

Storing a JSON list  of artist : song takes a lot of memory? If yo you're doing it wayyyyyyy wrong. That's a ridiculous excuse considering how cheap storage is and how little data actually needs to be stored.

wandering_erin
Underground

I'm looking for a song that was on last week's Experimental Rock station, now its gone! Is there a way to search for previous playlists in this category? 

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@wandering_erin I moved your post to this thread to keep the community organized.

For more information around this, you can view my post above.  

Thanks for posting to the community! 

MajorKoopa
Local Performer

Not buying this. Scrolling through your recently played music used to be a thing. Granted I've been using pandora for give or take over a decade but it definitely was a thing at some point. For what ever right, wrong or indifferent reason it's not anymore. This is supposed to be a music discovery platform. How are we supposed to discover music if I can't go back and see what songs have played over time. It's not realistic to have to run to the device to thumbs up the song for every new one I hear. You have my vote to bring this feature back. 

Blackmoon21
Local Performer

I am looking for the name of a song I heard this past Tuesday around 3:30 pm on Pandora.

It contains the words muddy water or muddy river and is a rock/metal song.

Thanks!

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Blackmoon21 I moved your post to this thread since you had a similar question.

Unfortunately, we do not save a list of songs from each of your listening sessions. For more information, you can check out my message here.

Hope we continue to see you around the community! 

0 Kudos

babydolldee
Local Performer

Today I logged into my Pandora  Account for the 1st time in years.I remember that I was in love with many songs that I used to listen to on Pandora years ago. But I don't remember the names of many of them nor the radio station they were on. For example, I remember one of the songs had the word "April" in the title but I don't  remember what station it was on, nor the artist's name. Is  there any way to see all of the songs that rotate on each station, or a history of the songs I listened to going back years, or do I have to listen to all my stations 1 by 1 until I hopefully find the song? Thanks for anyone who replies.

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@babydolldee I moved your message to this thread as you had a similar question.

Unfortunately, there isn't a way to view your past listening history.

For more information, check out the accepted solution to this thread. 

Hope this helps! 

0 Kudos

MusicFan00911
Local Performer

Was looking for a recent history of songs played.  sounds like... u have a way to do that??  plz share?

scroll back?  swiping right from now playing screen ...doesnt scroll whether on phone or computer.  can you clarify?  Please?  no option for previously played songs either. where?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@MusicFan00911 A history of songs you've played will be created during each of your listening sessions.

For example, if you select a station to play on the computer, as additional songs play, they will continue to be saved in your recent history on the Now Playing screen.

See this screenshot - this is the second song that has played so far in this listening session - behind this track you can partially see the album artwork of the track that played before this one did.

Screen Shot 2020-02-27 at 11.32.18 AM.png

If you click on that white space behind the album art, it will then bring up that previously played track.

Screen Shot 2020-02-27 at 11.32.27 AM.png

While I don't have screenshots of this process on mobile, it works similarly. After you have listened to multiple tracks in the same listening session, if you navigate to the now playing screen, you can swipe to the left or to the right to view what tracks played in that same session.

Hope this helps! 

0 Kudos

elyishafye
Local Performer

Garbage. Spotify here I come

eiglbiz
Local Performer

But now you do have a history, at least in a station session.  It's wonderful!

0 Kudos

Flash71
Local Performer

I heard a song last night 4/21 between 9pm to midnight eastern on the station that is by the band, Best Coast. Is there away to see a playlist from that time?  

Thanks,

Flash71

0 Kudos

Flash71, Im not sure if this is any help but I figured what the hey. In the search bar I typed in Best Coast. Once they turned up I clicked on Stations, they came up Best Coast Radio. I hope it was something you were looking for. Take care.

MOHLovesAlaska
0 Kudos

Flash71
Local Performer

Thank you. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Flash71 I moved your post to this thread to keep the community organized.

To clarify, we do not save a list of songs from each of your listening sessions. For more information, you can check out my message here.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos