cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I view my (relatively recent) play history?

frappyjohn
Local Performer

While doing housework, I was grooving on a great song from Alison Krauss that I hadn't heard in a while (probably because I hadn't played that station in a while) and noticed I hadn't thumbed it up yet. About that time I lost my wi-fi and Pandora switched to one of my offline stations. I rushed back to my wi-fi reception area, frantically switched back to the original channel and, of course, Pandora starts playing another song and has lost my recent history for that station.

I've searched as best I can and can't find any way to view my play history other than the current session of the current station! Seems like this should be a basic function. Am I missing something?

73 Replies

Actimm1967
Local Performer

Your software **ahem** balls. I started writing up a thoughtfully prepared reply and then when I got almost done your system popped up a survey box and wouldn't let me go back to my answer. 

If you don't want a civil answer because it's a little longer. Then just fix it. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Actimm1967 Sorry to hear that.

I have passed that feedback regarding the survey along to our community manager so he can look into it. 

That being said, I'm happy to answer any questions you have if you are up for putting your message together again.

Let me know how I can assist you. 

0 Kudos

thadshop
Local Performer

word!

Neighbor
Local Performer

Heard a song today at 7:30 am EST on Texas Country, is there a playlist published somewhere?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Neighbor Nice to see you around the community. 👋🏽

Unfortunately, we don't actually save a list of songs from each of your listening sessions.

That being said, if the song played today, you can scroll back through your current listening session to view the recently played track. From the Now Playing screen, swipe right to scroll through previously played songs.

Check out the accepted solution to this thread for more information.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

Elasticmedia
Local Performer

Total bull**ahem**. Saving the names of the songs/artists wouldn’t take any significant resources.  The artists would appreciate their Pandora fans being able to look things up 

0 Kudos

Light299
Local Performer

Wait, saving strings of text would take up "a lot of memory"? Do you realize the current Pandora install is over 150 MB? Ascii is seven bits. Even rounding up to a byte (and not using 1024 math) the app is already 150,000,000 characters in footprint. If band+song names are on average 40 characters, the install footprint is already the size of a 3 million seven hundred and fifty thousand s I ng history. Yea, it's because Pandora cares about "memory"....

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @Elasticmedia @Light299. 👋

Thanks so much for your feedback on this. 

Viewing your entire play history on Pandora isn't a feature. If you'd like to see this feature implemented, feel free to upvote this existing request: Make Listening History Available 

• To upvote an idea / suggestion / request, click on the ❤️ icon next to the title.
  • For more information about how feature requests work on the community, please check out this helpful infographic: "How do requests become features?" 

Hope to see you around the community space more often! :pandora:

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Pandora AMP is at SXSW '24 this week. Come say hi!
0 Kudos

goswh
Local Performer

Just use Shazam Encore on another device and be done with it. 

It's Internet Radio. You can't go back to the playlist on AM or FM terrestrial radio either.

I'm not defending it, I just for a more reliable and robust way to do capture the songs. I set Shazam to "Auto Shazam mode" and I just watch the film, show, or listen to the music while I work.

The worry and the stress of "what song was that?" is completely and forever gone. 

You can setup Shazam (now owned by Apple, Inc.) to add the Shazam-Identified songs to a particular playlist.  From there, you can export the playlist manually or using 3rd-party services and tools. 

Disclaimer 1: I am a Pandora Premium subscriber.

Disclaimer 2: I STILL think this is a lame reason to give and it's even lamer that devs or parent company, Sirius XM (who have an app of their own) won't figure out a way to give us what we know they are collecting on the backend.  How else can their music recommendation capabilities be so darn good?

0 Kudos

iheartsublime8
Local Performer

But it fails if you accidentally hit play on another song, even if that song is from the same playlist or album that began autoplaying. If you do that then you cannot review your recently played songs. I hope I'm wrong but I'm unable to on my updated Android Samsung device.

PS - Pandora had annoying pop ups that almost had to make me retype/peck this entire comment.

PPS - why do we still you millenials old "scroll" type of lists when were in the 21st century and Silicon Age of Humanity ffs.

PPPS- why do we still "peck" at our phones with our thumbs. Surely one if not a few humans can invent a more ergonomic and intuitive "bit" leveo data entry. Wth. 

0 Kudos

Glow
Local Performer

Yes you used to be able to look at the history of songs you played in the past...now it's the swipe back , but on my phone I wasn't able to do this, when my phone went to sleep or another app opened it wouldn't pick up from where it was, it's make me start the station over & ask me to upgrade. Is it cause my account is free?

0 Kudos

tanzbaum
Underground

“feature request...” definitely NOT submitting one since this is already so obvious. “Ooh, let’s make a station based on these last two tracks, whoop, wait, where did they go, what were they again?” 

And why cap stations at 100? 

0 Kudos

mormegil27
Underground

I am a paid subscriber and I agree this is absurd.  You should be able to scroll through the song history... it’s just a text list.  

I could see deleting all the pic data etc, until you decide to look through it then it populates.  

I just tried to go back to like a song and accidentally hit play the station associated with the song.  I don’t want that.  So I went back to the original station, all the history completely gone. 

Your users are subscribing and paying BECAUSE you can customize stations. 

Further, some songs can’t be replayed.  But it’s really easy to accidentally hit the wrong button and leave the song.  Why not have code that determines “did user listen to most of the song?  True -> don’t replay.  False -> allow the song to be finished.”  Then you’re not angry when you try to like a song after 20 sec and you accidentally hit next song, and now you can’t listen to it.

This is common sense.

0 Kudos

michaelmurillo
Local Performer

This is the feature you want that you'd have to 'like' to get more visibility: https://community.pandora.com/t5/Feature-Requests/Make-Listening-History-Available/idi-p/5420

0 Kudos

TontonFreddy
Local Performer

Hello. Does anyone know how to look at songs that were played in a station? Did not seem possible anymore to swipe right to look at past songs on a same season 🤔😕 thanks

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@TontonFreddy I moved your post over to this existing thread: How do I view my (relatively recent) play history?

Unfortunately, we don't actually save a list of songs from each of your listening sessions.

That being said, if the song played today, you can scroll back through your current listening session to view the recently played track. From the Now Playing screen, swipe right to scroll through previously played songs.

Check out the accepted solution to this thread for more information.

If you continue to run into issues where you are unable to swipe right to view your previously played tracks, can you please send me a screenshot of what you are seeing?

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

Mattdokn
Local Performer

Possibly a song by Puddle of Mudd?

0 Kudos

Raeshell
Local Performer

Is there a way to find a list of songs that played early today on one of my stations? 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Raeshell I moved your post over to this existing thread: How do I view my (relatively recent) play history?

That being said, if those tracks played today, you can scroll back through your current listening session to view the recently played track. From the Now Playing screen, swipe right to scroll through previously played songs.

Check out the accepted solution to this thread for more information.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

Traevezy12343
Local Performer

earlier today I was listening to a random song. I replayed a song several times and thought I thumbs up and saved it but I didn’t. Is there a way to look back and find this song I replayed several times

0 Kudos