cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I view my (relatively recent) play history?

frappyjohn
Local Performer

While doing housework, I was grooving on a great song from Alison Krauss that I hadn't heard in a while (probably because I hadn't played that station in a while) and noticed I hadn't thumbed it up yet. About that time I lost my wi-fi and Pandora switched to one of my offline stations. I rushed back to my wi-fi reception area, frantically switched back to the original channel and, of course, Pandora starts playing another song and has lost my recent history for that station.

I've searched as best I can and can't find any way to view my play history other than the current session of the current station! Seems like this should be a basic function. Am I missing something?

73 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Traevezy12343 I moved your post over to this existing thread: How do I view my (relatively recent) play history?

Unfortunately, we don't actually save a list of songs from each of your listening sessions.

That being said, if the song played today, you can scroll back through your current listening session to view the recently played track. From the Now Playing screen, swipe right to scroll through previously played songs.

Check out the accepted solution to this thread for more information.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

davecampbell
Underground

Why does this feature simply not exist?

It is so simple.  How can you not provide a history when the songs you play are so good and match thngs so well?

Ah - now I get it:  you're afraid someone will use that info to understand your ml algorithms.  Everyone's history becomes training data for someone trying to train their own ml model.

You should open source it anyway.

Please let me see my song history, chronologically, for say the last 3 years.
Since I pay for the service, I feel like it's my data.  Maybe I should look into that angle.

Moderator Edit: Format

Regalone1
Underground

I was at my physical therapist's last Friday, Aug. 6 in the afternoon.  They were playing a Pandora channel they told me was "hits of the 60s and 70s.   A song I knew well from that time came on and I wanted to remember it but of course by the time I got home I'd forgotten everything, couldn't remember even a line.  Is there any way to find out the history of a Pandora channel so I can research their playlist that day?  Thanks. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Regalone1 I moved your post over to this existing thread: How do I view my (relatively recent) play history?

Unfortunately, we don't actually save a list of songs from each of your listening sessions.

Hope this helps!

Omegathreat
Local Performer

LP

Muddy waters

0 Kudos

RyanSacco1978
Local Performer

Hello, 

I have an Echo dot that played a really good song on my Funk radio station and I didn't get a chance to like it or find out who it was before the song ended and it hasn't played again after hours of listening to the same station for weeks. Is there a way to see a list of songs on the station that have played all the way to the end? I can't think of any other way to try and find the song. I'm lost! Please help. 

Regards, 

Ryan

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@RyanSacco1978 I moved your post over to this existing thread: How do I view my (relatively recent) play history?

That being said, if those tracks played today, you can scroll back through your current listening session to view the recently played track. From the Now Playing screen, swipe right to scroll through previously played songs.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

Pssmith1
Local Performer

I would like to be able to determine what song I was listening too while driving at a previous time of day.

Be great if I could recall and save the songs Pandora played me at an earlier time, or even day - not necessarily in my current session.

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Pssmith1 I moved your post over to this existing thread: How do I view my (relatively recent) play history?

That being said, if the song played today, you can scroll back through your current listening session to view the recently played track. From the Now Playing screen, swipe right to scroll through previously played songs.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

shibbydibby
Local Performer

I respectfully challenge you on your statement.

You have to pay rights holders and so must have a log of song counts at least.

Are you suggesting that the cost of additionally storing who heard what outweighs the value of that data? 

Sounds wrong to me. 

If you aren't paying a premium for the service then you are the product being sold to someone else. I suspect Pandora has the data but simply hasn't prioritized making it available to it's users, who after all are not those who actually fund the service.

0 Kudos

ctamutal
Opening Act

I've found that pandora displays roughly the last 30 songs you have listened to on a station.

It used to display all of them, because I used to run my stations overnight and then in the morning check to see what played so 
I could thumb up what I liked and pandora would play a wide variety. if you thumb them up as they play, it tends to start repeating those artists.

as for losing connectivity and going offline - yeah, once that happens the recently played list is gone, which **ahem**. it's happened to me in the past.

there is hope though, if you really want to thumb that song up go into artist only mode  on that station and add that song as a seed, then play under artist only mode -the song may come up right away, otherwise keep hitting skip until it does.

0 Kudos

OGC
Local Performer

Heremes does this for Pandora stream on Mac. 

0 Kudos

roze
Local Performer

weak answer.  too much memory? 1,048,576 characters are stored in 1 MB.  That's a really long playlist...  

Obviously that's not the real reason.  What is it?

0 Kudos

harderirish
Local Performer

The "click here" for the trouble shooting link did NOT go to instructions on how to see previous songs played. Is it even possible? Cause i just heard this amazing blues track but was walking and couldn't pull out my phone to see the artist. 😞

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@harderirish I moved your post over to this existing thread: How do I view my (relatively recent) play history?

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

cdysthe
Underground

Yesterday sometime I listened to a station, I do not remember the name of it. There was one song that was part of the  station but I couldn't save it. Now I can't find the song again because there's no complete history of all songs I play regardless of if it's on a station or not. The available history options are very limited and not complete, especially for someone like me who play Pandora in my carl, at home and on my phone. A complete play history would be very helpful! I tried finding the song by looking at thumbed up songs but I have 5,000 of those and I could not sort it on time thumbed up so it would take hours finding it. 

Please offer a complete history of all played songs on an account regardless of where it's played. I have had this problem so many times and feel helpless losing a new f

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@cdysthe I moved your post over to this existing thread: How do I view my (relatively recent) play history?

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

awol2028
Local Performer

Not even the last month, im looking for songs ive played over the last two hours and its the toughest thing ever. I sometimes forget to say "i like this song, or thumbs up it" and then the song is gone forever because i i cant remember the freaking track name. I think this is why other platforms are winning right now.

0 Kudos

jjsf17
Local Performer

wow you guy suck then

Mitch108
Local Performer

Hello,can anyone tell me how I can go back and listen to the previous songs I just listened to while in auto play ???..if that is possible..when I'm on YouTube.i just go to library ,then history and it will go back for months ...any help would be appreciated ...I'm mitch btw

0 Kudos