cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to edit thumb ratings

cb
Local Performer

Hello, I accidentally hit the "thumbs down" on my phone... can I restore the song back into my playlist?

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
114 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@User1234 You should be able to edit your thumb ratings by following the instructions provided in the accepted solution to this thread.

Here is a screenshot of where you can find the option to delete a track once you navigate to your thumbed down tracks: Screen Shot 2021-08-26 at 11.48.51 AM.png

Let me know if you continue to run into issues with this.

0 Kudos

User1234
Underground

I was hoping for a solution accessible from the pandora application on my smart phone.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@User1234 Here's how to edit Thumbs from your phone:

1. First, visit My Collection to view your stations list.
  2. Tap on the name of the station you'd like to edit. 
    • Since you're a free listener, this will start your station, so tap either the thumb icon or the small "i" (in the upper right corner of your screen) to continue to the station's backstage page.
  3. From the station's backstage page, tap on the Edit icon (the small pencil to the left of the play button) to edit your station.
  4. Scroll down to either your Thumbed Up Songs or your Thumbed Down Songs.
  5. Tap the 'X' beside whichever Thumbs you'd like to remove.

Let me know if you continue to run into issues with this.

User1234
Underground

As soon as I select the station the message/alert "This station is not currently available. Please choose another station instead." immediately pops up. I click on OK to dismiss the alert but that also un-selects the station, so there isn't that small "i" I would normally see with the other stations. I also tried upgrading my subscription since you indicated this may be happening because it is a non-paying account but that didn't seem to have any effect either.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@User1234 Sorry for your continued trouble.

To clarify, I didn't mention that the error was occurring due to your account not being upgraded - I was only providing specific instructions on how to edit thumb ratings with the free service.

This being said, you should still be able to bypass that error message to get to your station details and edit your thumb ratings.

Rather than editing your thumb ratings from your phone, can you please try logging into your account on a computer to remove those thumb ratings?

Let me know if you continue to run into issues there.

0 Kudos

User1234
Underground

I agree, after the alert is dismissed one should have access to the station. All my attempts have failed so this is either not a viable option (with a free or paid subscription) or at least it isn't clear how to proceed.

I was able to gain access to this station via Chrome on my PC and that seemed to allow me to start removing thumbed down songs. There is no indication how many I need to remove before the station will start working again so I plan to remove some and then try the station. Repeat until it becomes available. It is also not clear how much time Pandora requires to react to the removed songs. Will the station start working immediately or do I need to wait overnight for some backend job to come along and do something to re-activate the station? One way or another, sooner or later, I expect I will get there.

My concern is that once the station is restored 80 percent or more of the songs it will start serving up will be these recently un-thumb downed songs. Pandora tends to repeat the same songs a lot. This is why I thumbed them down in the first place. I figure my only other option would be to put these songs on the shelf for a while. Is there any limit to the number of songs one can shelve? I wasn't expecting a limit to the number of thumbed down songs so I feel it prudent to ask if there are any other limits I should know about. If you have any suggestions for a better practice to avoid having to hear songs I don't like again and again, please share.

0 Kudos

bluenolte
Local Performer

I’m sure this question has been asked a million times. Sorry in advance. I also understand that Pandora works on Thumbs up, still I want to get rid of mine. How do I do it? I’m using free Pandora. I’ve deleted all stations to start over. And just can’t figure out how to delete ALL thumbs. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@bluenolte I moved your post over to this existing thread: How to edit thumb ratings

Check out the accepted solution for instructions on how to edit your thumb ratings on either a computer or mobile device.

Hope this helps! 

0 Kudos

basco
Local Performer

The only way I seem to be able to remove all thumbs up is to play shuffle and then just undo it as I come across those songs. Please tell me there's an easier way. 

Also, feature request, is Pandora ever gonna be able to to recognize that a song was liked on one station, and not remove the thumbsup/down if it plays during shuffle through another station?

UncleBud
Chart Topper

@basco Welcome to the community. I've never tried to remove a song I've given a Thumbs Up to before so I can't help you there but I can tell you a little about the Thumbs Up/Thumbs Down button.

The Thumbs buttons are station specific. By that I mean that a song you give a Thumbs Up/Thumbs Down to on 1 station only effects that station. You can actually give a Thumbs Down to a song you like but you don't feel it's right for the station you're listening to. Any Thumbs Up or Thumbs Down you've given a song one 1 station will not effect the Thumbs on another station.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@basco Nice to see you around the Community.

Removing thumb ratings:

Check out the accepted solution for instructions on how to edit your thumb ratings on either a computer or mobile device.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

How thumb ratings work:

@UncleBud is right - Thumbs are station specific, so please feel free to Thumb Up and Thumb Down accordingly. Giving a Thumb rating on one station will not affect any of your other stations.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

mcosta1348
Local Performer

How do I "Like" a song that I previously "unliked", and then add to an existing station?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@mcosta1348 I moved your post over to this existing thread: How to edit thumb ratings

What you will need to do is remove that track from the Thumbs Down list on the specific station it was given on.

You can then remove the thumbs down you accidentally gave on your station.

When the track plays again on your station, you can then give it a Thumbs Up instead.

Hope this helps! 

0 Kudos

Brandieharrell3
Local Performer

If I accidentally disliked a song can I change it?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Brandieharrell3 I moved your post over to this existing thread: How to edit thumb ratings

Yes - you do have the ability to edit any accidental thumb ratings you may have given on your collected stations.

Check out the accepted solution to this thread for instructions on how to edit your thumb ratings on either a computer or mobile device.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

acehole
Local Performer

How do I remove thumb ups from my account? I have 100'ish songs I want to remove from my "thumb up" list. Thanks!

nevermind got it figured out.

0 Kudos

Kbowley
Local Performer

I have several songs that I gave a thumbs down by mistake and I see no option to remove the songs from the list. It should have a way to remove the song from the list as I have several that are in the list and I don't recall giving them a thumbs down. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Kbowley I moved your post over to this existing thread: How to edit thumb ratings

You should have the ability to edit any accidental thumb ratings you may have given on your collected stations.

Check out the accepted solution to this thread for instructions on how to edit your thumb ratings on either a computer or mobile device.

Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos

gifnewton
Local Performer

Account -> My Profile -> Thumbs Up shows all of my thumbs up, but how do I see/change my Thumbs Down.  Some songs were thumbed down on an an amazon alexa (mistaken account), and I want to undo that.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@gifnewton I moved your post over to this existing thread: How to edit thumb ratings

You can then remove the thumbs down you accidentally gave on that station.

Hope this helps! 

0 Kudos