cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inconsistent thumbs up/down count

SlothfulInk
Underground

A few months ago I "cleaned up" my stations by un-thumbing all the tracks I had thumbed up. My philosophy was to hopefully start hearing music I haven't heard. Over the last few weeks I've noticed that I've been hearing the same songs so I looked at my "thumbs up radio" station and it had over 2000. I had gotten it down to around 12 or less. I had not thumbed up ANY songs over the course of these few months. My question is... Does Pandora thumb up tracks on their own? If so, why? I pay for a premium account and find this pretty annoying

Update:

So I got my thumbs up down to a little over two hundred yesterday. I checked earlier this morning and now I'm up over 300. I didn't listen to Pandora much yesterday let alone thumb up ANY songs whatsoever

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@SlothfulInk That number includes both your Thumbs Up and Thumbs Down you've given across all of your stations, as Thumbprint Radio is a station based off of all of those ratings. 

Although you may have removed a number of the Thumbs Up you provided on your stations, there is likely still a large number of Thumbs Down you've given across your stations which is why that number seems high.

If you believe there is an unauthorized user listening on your account and giving these thumb ratings, you will need to contact our support team directly for further assistance here

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@SlothfulInk I moved your post to the My Collection space to keep the community organized.

It sounds like you are running into trouble with your Thumbprint Radio station.

To clarify, Pandora will never thumb up tracks on your behalf - this can only be done on your end when signed into your account on one of your devices.

With that being said, you mentioned you got your thumb count down to around 12 or less, and now it shows that you have over 300.

Can you please send me two screenshots:

• A screenshot of the website/app where you saw you only had around 12 thumbs
  • A screenshot of the website/app where it now displays you have over 300 thumb ratings

I look forward to hearing back from you. 

0 Kudos

SlothfulInk
Underground

when I got it down to 12 or so I didn't think of taking a screenshot because I didn't think I had to. Once I realized that the number was shooting back up without me thumbing up any songs that's when I decided to take this screenshot... Screenshot_20191004-191658.jpg

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@SlothfulInk That number includes both your Thumbs Up and Thumbs Down you've given across all of your stations, as Thumbprint Radio is a station based off of all of those ratings. 

Although you may have removed a number of the Thumbs Up you provided on your stations, there is likely still a large number of Thumbs Down you've given across your stations which is why that number seems high.

If you believe there is an unauthorized user listening on your account and giving these thumb ratings, you will need to contact our support team directly for further assistance here

0 Kudos

SlothfulInk
Underground

Ok that makes sense. I emailed Pandora support shortly after my first post here. I didn't get anywhere with them. Thanks for your help. Nobody would answer my question and I was seriously considering terminating my account and taking my business elsewhere

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@SlothfulInk Always happy to help. Hope we continue to see you around the community! 

0 Kudos