cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Live Music Station

Hoffman
Underground

Hi.. 

New paid premium member 2024 but in first adopter group to pandora since 2007. 

Is there a way to make a station of music that is only live? .. Songs that were recorded in front of audiences? 

Hope this makes sense. 

Thanks 

Barry 

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (1)
14 Replies

Trevor1
On the Rise

Search for this station

IMG_0050.png

Hoffman
Underground

Thanks! 

Barry 

Trevor1
On the Rise

If I find more I will share 

Hoffman
Underground

Actually i didn't mention this but was looking for more like live acoustic versions in front of audiences from the original bands.

I think you get it just not really as much from 60s 70s rock. 

Like if I was sitting out on the deck with this station it may feel like you were at a small concert. 

Thanks again. 

Barry 

Trevor1
On the Rise

I will keep looking but here is this station 

IMG_0051.png

Trevor1
On the Rise

These aren’t live recordings by may be more the vibe you are looking for 

IMG_0052.png

Hoffman
Underground

Yes. That is much closer. 

That outdoor live event vibe. 

Thanks Trevor. 

Barry 

Hoffman
Underground

Trevor.. I have a new question since using the app as a premium member for first time. 

You're my only go to for answers at this point so here goes. 

It's all about stations... 

I don't believe many others do this but I need my stations in a certain personal order so they are similar genre and eady to find. 

I kinda found away to do this by editing the station name and using numbers. 

Ex

01 sade

02 sting

But some stations like the country live 1 you just told me about do not allow me to change the name even though the edit button works. 

Any idea why? 

Any workaround? 

Can you explain what I need to do.. Make a new station off of a song on that station? No clue but can't keep the original as I can't number it

. My list would then be a mess. 

Thanks for the help from your experience. 

Barry 

Hoffman
Underground

Ok Trev this is what I think I have to do. 

1 play a song from the pandora created station.. Like country live. 

2.then hit make station from a song that is playing. 

3 then I can rename it no prob. 

Only question is. Is my created station very similar to the pandora one it came from? 😊

Barry 

Trevor1
On the Rise

The Stations that are made my Pandora like the ones I shared, you can’t edit them. You can save songs played and create your own playlist and then you can  name that anything you want.  Does that make sense? 

NikkiW
Opening Act

When you create a station from a song it will play music that is similar to that song/artist/genre. So it typically will have a very similar vibe. I create stations from artists I like and those new stations are some of my favorites. The more you thumbs up will only make it better suited to your tastes.

Hoffman
Underground

Yes Trevor but I see there is a difference between a Playlist and a station.

A bit confusing but I'm talking about making a station with editable titles off a pandora curated station.

Think I'm getting it. 

Thanks 

Barry 

Hoffman
Underground

Thanks Nikki.

That helps. 

Any quick explanation of Playlist vs station? 

Sometimes when I thumbs up it says playlist created but I think renamed stations is all I need? 

Barry 

NikkiW
Opening Act

I’m sorry I didn’t see the follow up question until now. When you thumbs up enough songs on a station it will make you a playlist for those specific songs. So you can have station specific playlists made by giving songs a thumbs up. 

The stations will play what they choose, but tailored some to your likes. A playlist is created with specific songs, either by someone else, by thumbs up, or from scratch by you. There are countless stations and playlists available on the app to explore. I tend to listen to a mix of the available playlists and ones I’ve made myself. 
I hope that makes sense.