cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile: Only 100 songs are displayed in Thumbs Up list for stations

mtnbliss
Local Performer

My account shows 705 thumbs up but my station I’ve created over years of active thumbs up/down remains at 100. Songs play that I know I’ve thumbed up in the past but no selection is shown. Furthermore, many songs from my seed artists and songs are never played.

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@mtnbliss I'm happy to address both of your issues.

Station thumbs stay at 100:

There is a display limit of only 100 thumbs on the station details page on mobile.

If you'd like to be able to view your full list of thumbed up tracks on each station, I recommend creating a feature request for that here.

In the meantime, to view all of your thumb ratings on each station in greater detail, you will need to log into your account on a computer.

I took a look at your station on my end and see all thumbs are showing when logged in on web:

Screen Shot 2023-04-18 at 6.37.15 AM.png

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Songs previously thumbed are no longer highlighted when they play again:

Thanks for providing that screenshot.

I've passed this along to the appropriate parties for further investigation. We'll follow up with you if we need any additional details.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@mtnbliss Nice to see you around the Community.

It sounds like you are running into a few different issues.

Could you please tell me a little bit more about what is happening?

• What is the name of the station?
  • Does this happen with all stations, or just that one?
  • To clarify, is the issue that when giving a new track a thumbs up/down on that station, the total remains at 100?
  • Does that track still get added to the thumbs up/down list?
  • Lastly, can you please send me a screenshot of what you're seeing?

The next time a track plays with the Thumbs Up rating not highlighted (when you know it was given a Thumbs Up to previously), please take a screenshot of what you are seeing and post that picture in a reply to this thread.

(Please note you won't be able to attach images via email - you will need to open this Community link in a web browser in order to provide attachments)

I can then pass that information along to our engineering team so they can take a closer look.

Songs from seed artists and songs never play:

I understand that it's frustrating not to hear the song or artist that you've seeded a station with, but there's no way to control when or how often particular songs will play on free Pandora or Pandora Plus, so it's not possible to create a station and hear that track or artist play right away (though it could happen by chance). Because of our licenses, we have to limit the predictability of a certain song or artist from playing on those services.

That said, for complete control of what you hear on Pandora, try Pandora Premium. It combines our industry leading internet radio service with on-demand listening and easy playlist generation.

Alternatively, you can start a complimentary session simply by searching our library for a song or album, and clicking play. This will trigger a short advertisement, after which you can enjoy content on-demand.

Hope this is helpful. 

0 Kudos

mtnbliss
Local Performer

The name of the station is Diane’s Mix.

My only other personalized station has less than 100 likes and does still add likes in the count when I tested it.

There are two issues:

1) songs that I have previously liked on Diane’s Mix are showing up as neither thumbs up nor down

2) when I do thumbs up a song in Diane’s Mix, either a new one or one I previously thumbs upped but now doesn’t show as thumbs up, my count of thumbs up songs on Diane’s Mix remains at 100.

Yes, the count on my account does go up (currently over 700) even though it does not go up on my station.

Here are photos, 1)showing a song that was previously thumbed up but now  doesn’t show that way 2) song count remaining at 100 after thumbs upping this song again.

C5CDE14B-6885-46CE-9A3F-7F0B3A41E965.png

F51C0113-E4D6-4C70-ABD0-D1C4789E0F19.png 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@mtnbliss I'm happy to address both of your issues.

There is a display limit of only 100 thumbs on the station details page on mobile.

If you'd like to be able to view your full list of thumbed up tracks on each station, I recommend creating a feature request for that here.

In the meantime, to view all of your thumb ratings on each station in greater detail, you will need to log into your account on a computer.

I took a look at your station on my end and see all thumbs are showing when logged in on web:

Screen Shot 2023-04-18 at 6.37.15 AM.png

Thanks for providing that screenshot.

I've passed this along to the appropriate parties for further investigation. We'll follow up with you if we need any additional details.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

0 Kudos