cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modes not available on all stations

UkuleleJim
Opening Act

Today I upgraded from Plus to Premium, and now my Stations have fewer features. I used to be able to tweak a station on the fly to change from "My Station" to "Crowd Favorites" and "Discovery" and "Deep Cuts" but all those options are gone. There does not appear to be any way to turn a station into Discovery mode any more. Am I missing something?

Actually it looks like Thumbprint Radio is the only station where modes are not available. Is that by design?

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Sys While not all Modes will be an option on every station, I recommend creating a new post in our Ideas board if you'd like to see them more widely available.

You can create a new idea here.

Thanks for being a part of the Community!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
11 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@UkuleleJim Genre stations are created and curated by Pandora. Sometimes we might make changes to improve the station experience that can result in some or all modes no longer being available.

Thumbprint Radio is one of those stations where modes aren't an option.

Hope this helps clarify. 

0 Kudos

Sys
Local Performer

Artist only mode not available for all artists

Does artist only mode not work for all artist? Why?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Sys While not all Modes will be an option on every station, I recommend creating a new post in our Ideas board if you'd like to see them more widely available.

You can create a new idea here.

Thanks for being a part of the Community!

0 Kudos

Joe7dust
Local Performer

1) Is artist only mode still a feature? I can't seem to set it. This happens with 2 different artists in completely different genres.

2) Will Pandora ever take control of my station should it become popular? Like let's say I curate a list of artists and set certain modes etc.. could they then offer it up to others and do things like rename the station, copy the station and mold it beyond what I summoned?

For example there's a station I found called hip hop forever. Who decides the "DJ" in this space, the curator of that named station moving forward after users plug them into their rotation?

3) You hiring?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Joe7dust I moved your post over to this existing thread: Modes not available on all stations

Artist Only Mode is still an option, however it is not available on every station.

To answer your second question, we won't ever take over anyone's curated station and re-create it. 

If you are interested in applying for a job at Pandora, please visit our Careers page.

Hope this helps. Thanks for your interest in working at Pandora!

0 Kudos

princessvanny
Local Performer

Is there a reason "Artist Only" mode in stations are not available for all artists? What are the artist requirements of enabling that feature? I would like to be able to listen to a station with only one artist playing. Thank you.

0 Kudos

Vertesept
Local Performer

I have noticed that most of my stations do not have "Artist Only" anymore or are playing other artists on my "Artist Only" setting for the few stations that do offer this setting. Is this a new change? This is the same for both my desktop and mobile device. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Vertesept I moved your post over to this existing thread: Modes not available on all stations

Artist Only Mode not available on all stations:

While not all Modes will be an option on every station, I recommend creating a new post in our Ideas board if you'd like to see them more widely available.

You can create a new idea here.

Artist Only Mode playing other artists:

Do you happen to have any additional artists added to variety on the stations this is happening on?

Can you please also try and reproduce this on your end, and then let me know the name of the station where other artists play when in Artist Only Mode?

Thanks for working with me on this.

0 Kudos

Vertesept
Local Performer

But the option was there for the past couple years. It has all the sudden been removed. I don't want to create an idea, I would like the features that existed put back in place. 🙂 I use this feature depending on the day and mood. As for a workaround, I suppose, I will just create master playlists of an artists and use play lists when I want to listen to a single artist. 

Additionally, I used this feature to explore newer artists. I cannot get the feel for an artist if pandora only plays them every 10 songs because they don't have an established 8 albums or top 40 charts. Removing this really defeats the purpose of getting to know a new artist without clutter of others.

Moderator Edit: Merged posts

0 Kudos

Vertesept
Local Performer

Additionally, I used this feature to explore newer artists. I cannot get the feel for an artist if pandora only plays them every 10 songs because they don't have an established 8 albums or top 40 charts. Removing this really defeats the purpose of getting to know a new artist without clutter of others.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Vertesept One thing to note is that if you're using your thumbs on these stations, certain modes will disappear for 24 hours if an excessive amount of thumbs down ratings are given. 

This being said, I do see you are upgraded to Pandora Premium.

Rather than listening to Artist Only Mode, another option would be to navigate to an Artists page, and then playing their Top Songs:

Screenshot 2023-11-21 at 10.01.38 AM.png

If you press play on any of these tracks, you can then highlight the shuffle option to cycle through all of the songs by this artist. 

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos