cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mood Media: Custom shuffle selections don't transfer

MusicFan7162
Local Performer

We are now using 3 seperate Mood Media devices. We added one about a month ago.
Our 2 older devices now show Shuffle Stations instead of Quick Mix.
This seems to shuffle all station that you have in your Station list where Quick Mix uses your Shuffle setting from your Pandora account.
We have a lot of seasonal stations that we don't want to be included in the everyday mix.
Christmas, Halloween, Etc. 
Along with random other stations that get played during certain events, like more Country music during Rodeo weekend.
The quickmix was working well enough while not being the best solution.  
Now this seems to have changed at least on a couple of our devices. 
Why not simple have a selection box that let's us choose the stations we want to being playing directly inside the devices webpage?
All 3 are  using software version 2.46.7.

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@MusicFan7162 You should be able to edit your Shuffle from a mobile device or the Pandora website. Whatever stations you select to be included in Shuffle should then transfer over when playing through Mood Media.

Just make sure you are logging into your account here when making your Shuffle selections.

Keep in mind that if you edit your Shuffle from a computer or mobile phone, you may need to close and reopen Pandora on the original device in order to see your changes.

If your Mood Media device continues to default to shuffling all of your stations rather than the stations you selected, please let me know what device you used when editing your shuffle selections.

0 Kudos

MusicFan7162
Local Performer

What information do you need about the devices? I have the SN for each device. 
Like I said two have switched over from saying QuickMix to show Shuffle Stations.
The ones that say Shuffle Stations seem to shuffle all the stations showing in the list.
The one that shows QuickMix works as you have described which is the way the old two worked until recently.
And we log in to our Pandora account through a browser. I know you have to ask all the questions but this was working until recently and when we change the shuffle thru Pandora it only affects the one that shows QuickMix.

Newest Device still showing QuickMixNewest Device still showing QuickMix

Older Device showing Shuffle StationsOlder Device showing Shuffle Stations

0 Kudos

MusicFan7162
Local Performer

Here are all three Serial Numbers

Screenshot 2024-06-24 144647.png

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@MusicFan7162 Thank you for following up with that information.

Just to clarify, when you logged into your account on a web browser, did you manually select what stations you wanted to shuffle here?:

Screenshot 2024-06-25 at 9.57.14 AM.png

Based off of what I am seeing, I can see a number of stations have been un-selected (many of them being your various holiday stations).

If so, is the issue now that even though you manually selected what stations you want to be shuffled on a web browser, your older devices are now shuffling all of your stations?

Let me know.

0 Kudos