cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My thumbs up won’t add any additional songs

Aliciamt1985
Local Performer

I have the full subscription unlocked. When I thumbs up or add a song to my thumbs up playlist, most have not recently gone over. I’ve rebooted to try and fix but still is an issue. What should I do?

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Aliciamt1985 Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening?

Is the issue that new tracks you give a Thumbs Up rating to on your stations do not automatically get added to your My Thumbs Up playlist?

If so, can you try reproducing this, and send me:

• the name of the song/artist you give a Thumbs Up to that didn't get added to My Thumbs Up playlist
  • the name of the Station you gave the Thumbs Up rating on

Additionally, are you listening to Pandora on a computer or on a device?

1. If you are on a computer, are you listening from:
    • A Mac or Windows computer?
    • Our website, or the desktop app? If you're listening from our website, what browser are you using?
  2. If you are on a device, what is the make and model (and carrier, if applicable)?

Thanks for working with me on this.

0 Kudos

Aliciamt1985
Local Performer

@@Adam pandora  I tried adding song “so dam(n) lucky” by Taylor McCall to my thumbs up playlist. The station was just songs by Taylor McCall. I’ve added them by hitting the three dots and “add to playlist” and picking my thumbs up playlist. But I’ve also tried by just hitting the thumbs up icon on other songs and they haven’t shown up in the playlist yet. 
Im using pandora app on my iPhone, both are updated to the most recent version.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Aliciamt1985 Thanks for following up and clarifying that with me.

I'd like to address two separate issues you are experiencing.

Tracks played on-demand do not get added to My Thumbs Up playlist:

You mentioned you gave the track So Damn Luck by Taylor McCall a Thumbs Up on one of your collected stations. However, after taking a look at your account, the only time I've seen the track So Damn Luck by Taylor McCall play in your listening history is when you played it on demand - not on a station.

There isn't actually a way to give a Thumbs Up to a track that plays on demand.

Tracks will only automatically get added to your My Thumbs Up playlist when giving a Thumbs Up to a track on one of your collected stations.

Can you please send me a screenshot of a track you give a Thumbs Up to that doesn't get added to your My Thumbs Up playlist?

(Please note you won't be able to attach images via email - you will need to open this Community link in a web browser in order to provide attachments)

Tracks that you manually add to My Thumbs Up playlist do not save:

This all being said, you should still be able to manually add tracks to your My Thumbs Up playlist as you described.

However, it sounds like when you try and add a track to the playlist, they do not save.

Could you tell me more about your device?

• Device & Generation: (e.g. iPhone X, iPad Air (3rd gen), etc.)
  • Carrier:
  • iOS version: (Settings > General > About > Version)
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)

Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Have you identified any other patterns or notable information?

Thanks for your help with this.

0 Kudos