cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Only search plus content

FlufferStomper
Local Performer

I'm new to Pandora and after listening for a couple weeks, I opted to subscribe to Pandora plus. Ever since I did, when I search for music, everything that comes up is Premium and they are pushing another upgrade and more ads. How do I only search plus stations and playlists? 

Before I upgraded to Plus I had no issues searching music but I got tired of the ads after every single song. I only want to search content included with my subscription level. What am I missing?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@FlufferStomper Nice to see you around the community.

It looks like you're subscribed to Pandora Plus, not Pandora Premium. However, you're triggering a complimentary session of Premium in order to listen to on-demand content, which is why you're seeing ads.

In the past, free listeners and Pandora Plus subscribers were only able to look for artists and tracks in order to create radio stations.

We've updated your experience so that you have the ability to listen to content on-demand, without being a Pandora Premium subscriber.

If you search for and select the name of an artist, or track, or album, you should be brought to a "backstage page" where you can either create a radio station or press play.

If you press play you indicate that you'd like to listen to that content right away (or "on-demand"). Since only Pandora Premium subscribers can listen on-demand, you will either see an ad for Pandora Premium, or be prompted to watch a video ad to unlock a complimentary session of Pandora Premium.

Keep in mind that upgrading to Pandora Premium or accepting a complimentary session of Pandora Premium is completely optional; you can close the ad and we'll create a station for you to listen to instead (if one is available).

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

The best way to explore Pandora and create a regular station with your Pandora Plus subscription is to search our library and further filter your results.

To create a station on your mobile device:

1. Begin by launching the Pandora application and tapping the search icon (shaped like a magnifying glass) in the top right corner of your screen. 
  2. Enter the desired search term, and filter your results by Stations.
  3. Tap the name of the correct search result which will bring you to a page where you can collect, play, or share that station.

To create a station on the web:

1. In the Search tool at the top of your screen enter an artist, song, composer or genre.
  2. Then click the appropriate search result (it may help to filter your results by Station).
  3. From a source's backstage page click Start Station to add the station to your collection.

You can also use Browse to view station and playlist suggestions picked just for you.

You can find Browse next to My Collection on the home screen of our website.

Hope this helps. Thanks for being a part of the community! 🎶

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@FlufferStomper Nice to see you around the community.

It looks like you're subscribed to Pandora Plus, not Pandora Premium. However, you're triggering a complimentary session of Premium in order to listen to on-demand content, which is why you're seeing ads.

In the past, free listeners and Pandora Plus subscribers were only able to look for artists and tracks in order to create radio stations.

We've updated your experience so that you have the ability to listen to content on-demand, without being a Pandora Premium subscriber.

If you search for and select the name of an artist, or track, or album, you should be brought to a "backstage page" where you can either create a radio station or press play.

If you press play you indicate that you'd like to listen to that content right away (or "on-demand"). Since only Pandora Premium subscribers can listen on-demand, you will either see an ad for Pandora Premium, or be prompted to watch a video ad to unlock a complimentary session of Pandora Premium.

Keep in mind that upgrading to Pandora Premium or accepting a complimentary session of Pandora Premium is completely optional; you can close the ad and we'll create a station for you to listen to instead (if one is available).

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

The best way to explore Pandora and create a regular station with your Pandora Plus subscription is to search our library and further filter your results.

To create a station on your mobile device:

1. Begin by launching the Pandora application and tapping the search icon (shaped like a magnifying glass) in the top right corner of your screen. 
  2. Enter the desired search term, and filter your results by Stations.
  3. Tap the name of the correct search result which will bring you to a page where you can collect, play, or share that station.

To create a station on the web:

1. In the Search tool at the top of your screen enter an artist, song, composer or genre.
  2. Then click the appropriate search result (it may help to filter your results by Station).
  3. From a source's backstage page click Start Station to add the station to your collection.

You can also use Browse to view station and playlist suggestions picked just for you.

You can find Browse next to My Collection on the home screen of our website.

Hope this helps. Thanks for being a part of the community! 🎶

0 Kudos

Aro78
Local Performer

I have the same issue as the original post. What a long complicated answer! It shouldn’t be complicated.

I’m trying to find a holiday station included in my PLUS - not Premium - subscription yet every station that comes up says to upgrade to Premium. I don’t have the patience to try every one.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Aro78 I'd be happy to help with any questions you have, but I will need additional information to do so.

Can you explain your issue a bit further?

What is the name of the station you are unable to find in your collection?

The more details you're able to provide, the better equipped I'll be to help.

I look forward to hearing back.

0 Kudos