cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Option to create a station is greyed out

oatraa
Opening Act

Why is there no ability to make or start a station with the group Blackbriar or one of their songs?

Looking forward to it, hopefully soon,

Thank you

Jim R

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Jim R
Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@oatraa I moved your post to the My Collection space to keep the Community organized.

Your feedback has now been escalated to our curation team so they can further investigate.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
70 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@oatraa I moved your post to the My Collection space to keep the Community organized.

Your feedback has now been escalated to our curation team so they can further investigate.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

0 Kudos

oatraa
Opening Act
I'm guessing Blackbriar just doesn't want to be on a "station", but we can
still play their songs (with the ad watch)
They are very 'indy'

--
James Van Rude
Jim R
0 Kudos

jdatl
Local Performer

I had a station for the band, Yours Truly. Recently, it was removed and the add station button is greyed out. When selecting, it shows This artist isn't currently available for station listening.

Is this a technical issue or a licensing issue?

It leads me to think that I cannot depend on the stations because their availability can change without notice. I've read similar posts, which remain unanswered. 

What's up with this?

Moderator Edit: Airing grievances of moderator action

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jdatl The original thread you posted on was archived and linked to this new thread: Option to create a station is greyed out

Although your original post was no longer on this new thread, I can assure you that your feedback was already escalated to our curation team for further review.

Hope this helps explain.

oatraa
Opening Act

i expect the artist   or record label decided they did not want to be involved with 'stations' on pandora but are ok with their music being played
YOu can listen to an ad or if you have the 10/mo premium i guess it is just playable directly.

No doubt Pandora would prefer to have the artist as a pandora station artist.

Jim R
0 Kudos

hashref
Local Performer

This artist isn't currently available for station listening.

So I finally decided to sign up for premium and went to add a station for Ivan Torrent - Human Legacy. No luck. I cannot thumb it up to get your algos exercising that flavor of music either. After the song ends, I hear the sound of silence.

I sometimes write code to Ivan's riffs and have always relied upon YouTube to keep playing similar music.  Why am I unable to do this on Pandora anymore? I've done it in the past when I was on the free plan. Did my upgrade to Premium break anything? I'd rather not have to go back to YouTube, but without this functionality I am currently having to.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@hashref I moved your post over to this existing thread: Option to create a station is greyed out

Your feedback has now been passed along to our curation team so they can further investigate.

Thanks for reporting!

LTSings
On the Rise

I see the greyed out option to start a station for the songs "Made a Mess" by Tim Menzies and "None of This" by Sam Hoyle still hasn't been fixed. Please fix it. What's the point of having all this music on the site that we can't start a station with? 

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @LTSings. 👋

Thanks for sharing these two. 

Although the majority of the songs in our collection will be eligible to be played without restrictions, you may encounter a portion of songs that are unavailable or labeled "Radio Only" due to our current licensing restrictions.

We share these with our curation team so they can investigate further. Unfortunately, we do not have a timeline for these requests. However, we greatly appreciate you taking the time to let us know. If you notice any others, please share so that we can report them for you. Thanks for being a part of the Pandora Community! 👍

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

LTSings
On the Rise

I just found another one. There is no option to start a station with the album "Brazilian Christian Music" by Marcos N. Lima. Please fix this if possible. Thanks. 

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @LTSings! I've passed this along to our curation team for further review. Thanks for letting us know!

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

dtreto
Local Performer

Hi, I can’t add Señor Kino to a playlist on my iPhone app, thanks 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@dtreto I've passed your feedback along to our curation team for further review.

Thanks for reporting!

0 Kudos

Britedrkness
Local Performer

Please create a radio for Fulton Lee!

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Britedrkness Thank you for reporting this. 

0 Kudos

tommywimmer
Opening Act

I found a few more greyed out artists. Could you please make these artists playable on Pandora Radio?

Epidemic: https://www.pandora.com/artist/epidemic/AR7Jxpk5n7ZP3nc

HAGGER?: https://www.pandora.com/artist/hagger/ARwzKfv5qv3gzJK

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@tommywimmer Thank you for reporting these.

0 Kudos

kumorizora
Local Performer

I'm trying to start a Chiemi Eri station, or at least a station from one of her songs, but the option is grayed out. Is it inaccessible for some reason, or is this a bug?

Thanks!

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@kumorizora I moved your post over to this existing thread: Option to create a station is greyed out

Your feedback has now been passed along to our curation team so they can further investigate.

Thanks for reporting!

0 Kudos