cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pandora switching channels on its own

atweimer
Local Performer

Why does Pandora switch to other stations while I am listening to Thumbs Up station?

0 Kudos
4 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@atweimer Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening?

To clarify, does the channel only switch when listening to your My Thumbs Up Playlist?

Are you listening to Pandora on a computer or on a device?

1. If you are on a computer, are you listening from:
    • A Mac or Windows computer?
    • Our website, or the desktop app? If you're listening from our website, what browser are you using?
  2. If you are on a device, what is the make and model (and carrier, if applicable)?
  3. Is there an error message? If so, what does it say?
  4. Can you provide me with a screen-recording of what is happening?

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

atweimer
Local Performer

Using an android tablet from verizon.  Does not happen when listening to Pandora via roku stick on TV, cell phone, computer or another android tablet.  Very frustrating.

Also Pandora via roku stick on TV only lets me listen to first 100 on Thumbs Up station.  I have over 400 songs on the station. Again this only occurs on roku stick on TV Pandora Channel.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

0 Kudos

atweimer
Local Performer

It only happens on Thumbs Up station.  Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@atweimer Thanks for following up.

Pandora switching stations on your Android tablet:

Running through these troubleshooting steps should help with this: Troubleshooting for Android Devices

If this does not resolve the issue, I'd like to report your experience to our engineering team.

Can you send over a bit more info about your device?

• Model:
  • Carrier: Verizon
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Build number (Settings > About Phone):
  • Android Security Patch Level, if noted on your device (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version:
    • If you can open Pandora, go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.
    • If you can't open Pandora: from Android Home screen > Android Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Find Pandora

Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Have you identified any other patterns or notable information?

Let me know what you can find out.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

100 track limit for playlists on Roku:

Unfortunately, this is currently a limitation when streaming Pandora Premium on Roku devices.

I recommend checking out this existing feature request, and upvoting it with a ❤️ if you'd like to see this limit removed or increased: 100 track playlist limit on tv

Hope this helps! 

0 Kudos