cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Premium features clutter the Pandora experience

Liefyoungs
Underground

Why playlists if you can play a station as station only? Are they trying to be like Spotify? Adding too many features is starting to make Pandora too cluttered. Let's go back to stations only. Part of the greatness of stations is the algorithm on what is suggested and that I can find great artists I've never heard of. 

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Liefyoungs Thanks for sharing your feedback.

It looks like you wrote in about a complimentary session of Pandora Premium, which allows you to interact with an ad in order to listen to content on-demand.

Because these sessions are funded by advertisements, you can initiate them without worrying about being charged for Premium.

If you accept a complimentary Pandora Premium access session (by interacting with an advertisement in order to listen to content on-demand), you'll automatically be transitioned into the Premium experience, which looks a little different from our radio-only or Plus experiences. 

These Premium Access sessions allow you to create playlists, or collect songs or albums to listen to right away, rather than waiting to hear them play on a station.

However, you'll still have access to all of your stations under My Collection if you filter it by Stations.

When your Premium Access session expires you'll be returned to your normal Pandora app experience, but we'll automatically save your on-demand music collection for your next Premium experience. If you're eager to jump back into Premium, you can always upgrade your account or check your trial eligibility on the Pandora website.

I hope this helps explain.

0 Kudos