cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED - 02/10/22: Thumb ratings are suddenly missing when shuffling

karalivbus
Diamond in the Rough

I have all my stations shuffling & have spent years clicking thumbs up on the songs I like. But as of yesterday I noticed none of the songs have thumbs up & are all songs I had previously thumbed up, I went into my collection & see a new station called Shuffle & now all the same songs are just playing over & over 😞  Is this new? What is happening? 

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (3)
62 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Peiradox I moved your post over to this existing thread: Thumb ratings are suddenly missing

Check my message above, and please reply back with the requested information.

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Peiradox
Underground

Mine only occurs when shuffling. it does it on the website and pc app 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for following up, @Peiradox.

I've added  your feedback to the ticket we have open with the engineers who are looking into this issue.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

pac67
Underground

All of my hearted music is gone. Period. I'm actually "re-thumb's upping" songs that are no longer thumbsed up. However my "Thumbs Up" station exists as I searched for it and found it. It just is no longer listed as one of my stations. So, it just needs to somehow get brought back into my account. - pac67

0 Kudos

ejohannessen
Local Performer

I just had the same thing happen this week.  All of the Songs I play during Shuffle have lost their "Thumbs Up"

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@pac67 It sounds like you are running into two separate issues.

Missing Thumbprint Radio:

I've gone ahead restored Thumbprint Radio for you - it should now show in your collection again.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Missing thumb ratings:

Check my message above, and please reply back with the requested information.

I look forward to hearing back from you.

0 Kudos

pac67
Underground

Ok I see the Thumbprint Radio. The one I had before I had a big thumb on it and it was called "Thumbs Up". Is that the same thing??

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ejohannessen I moved your post over to this existing thread: Thumb ratings are suddenly missing

Your feedback has now been added to the ticket we have open with the engineers who are looking into this issue.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@pac67 I believe you are referring to My Thumbs Up playlist.

To clarify, it looks like your account is currently set up with Pandora Plus. Customized playlists (including your My Thumbs Up playlist) are only an option when upgrading to Pandora Premium.

I had our support team take a look at your account, and it appears you have been enabling free sessions of Pandora Premium by watching an ad.

This is what was allowing you to access your My Thumbs Up playlist.

When these free sessions of Pandora Premium end, your account reverts back to the free service, and you no longer have access to that on-demand content.

That would confirm why that content was no longer showing in your collection at the end of those Premium sessions.

For a complete explanation of how Pandora Premium sessions work, check out the accepted solution to this thread.

Hope this helps! 

0 Kudos

zelda971
Local Performer

Hello,

Just wanted to share that what worked for me was uninstalling the app and reinstalling it. That helped me have my likes to show up! Hope this helps someone!

0 Kudos

karalivbus
Diamond in the Rough

I will try this on my phone but what if we are using our laptop, there is no app. I just log in with my email & password. 

0 Kudos

pac67
Underground

That's correct. If I wanted to listen EXCLUSIVELY to the Thumbs Up station I did watch an ad and I'd be able to listen to it for a short while, BUT the thumbs up content would still occasionally pop up while in shuffle mode outside of the Premium mode. That is now gone. And all songs I had thumbed up are no longer thumbed up. So, yes you are correct about my listening to ads for a short period of premium, but something has changed besides that.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for following up, @pac67.

It sounds like you may be running into the same issue many others on this thread are.

Check my message above and please reply back with the requested information, so that I can add you to the ticket we have open with our engineers as well.

Thanks again! 

0 Kudos

pac67
Underground

Um, bottom line, all of them. I have 870 thumbs-up that are not appearing as thumbed-up anymore. I am not going to send you screen captures of all of those. Sorry 😞 I hope you understand. And it does occur whether I am shuffling or not.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@pac67 Your information has now been added to the ticket we have open with our engineering team. Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Pandora Update 02/10/22:

Hello again, everyone! 👋

We believe the issue with thumb ratings not displaying correctly when in Shuffle Mode should now be resolved.

Please try again, and if you continue to run into issues, please create a new thread in the My Collection space.

Thanks! 

IvanC
Local Performer

I have the same problem.

when I go to my stations list it tells me I have 6k+ thumbed songs, yet shuffle mode no longer shows them.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@IvanC Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening?

Does this only happen in Shuffle Mode? Or are thumb ratings not highlighted on any track even when you stream each station individually?

Are you listening to Pandora on a computer or on a device?

1. If you are on a computer, are you listening from:
    • A Mac or Windows computer?
    • Our website, or the desktop app? If you're listening from our website, what browser are you using?
  2. If you are on a device, what is the make and model (and carrier, if applicable)?
  3. Can you provide me with a screenshot of what you're seeing?

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

IvanC
Local Performer

Hi, thank you for reply. I haven’t listened to individual stations. Only shuffle.

makes no difference whether I play on my iPhone app, Mac Firefox or windows 11 Firefox. No thumbs. 

Adam, thank you your concern. Yes there seems to be a bug. I selected an individual station and found thumbs were still in place. reverted back to shuffle and the thumbs reappeared. I did the same thing on my three devices where I play pandora. same result.

Moderator Edit: Merged posts

0 Kudos

Stompy
Local Performer

I've lost all my thumbs up regardless of if playing a particular station or shuffling all stations, and now whether I am playing one station or shuffling, I hear the same batch of songs too often unless I close Pandora completely, reopen, and choose another station. Some of the stations I listen to are Jonathan McReynolds, Mali Music, Tobymac, Maverick City Music, We The Kingdom, CAIN.

0 Kudos