cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED - 02/10/22: Thumb ratings are suddenly missing when shuffling

karalivbus
Diamond in the Rough

I have all my stations shuffling & have spent years clicking thumbs up on the songs I like. But as of yesterday I noticed none of the songs have thumbs up & are all songs I had previously thumbed up, I went into my collection & see a new station called Shuffle & now all the same songs are just playing over & over 😞  Is this new? What is happening? 

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (3)
62 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@MusicFan9292 To clarify, does this only happen when you shuffle your stations?

If you play your stations one at a time, do your thumb ratings still appear as unrated?

Or do they appear as unrated regardless of whether you shuffle your stations, or only listen to them one at a time?

Let me know.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Deblen To clarify, if you play your stations one at a time, do your thumb ratings still appear as unrated?

Or do they appear as unrated regardless of whether you shuffle your stations, or only listen to them one at a time?

Let me know.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@CLZ I'd be happy to help with any questions you have, but I will need additional information to do so.

Can you explain your issue a bit further?

Also, can you provide me with a screenshot of what you're seeing?

The more details you're able to provide, the better equipped I'll be to help.

I look forward to hearing back.

0 Kudos

CLZ
Local Performer

Songs that have been previously liked/thumbed up are no longer showing that they have been previously liked. Every song that plays now, including the ones that have been liked, are not indicated. It's like I'm starting from scratch every time I listen now. Here's a screenshot; I'm not sure if it will be helpful:

CLZ_0-1644247681294.png

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for following up, @CLZ.

To clarify, does this only happen when you shuffle your stations?

If you play your stations one at a time, do your thumb ratings still appear as unrated?

Let me know.

0 Kudos

CLZ
Local Performer

Yes, this happening regardless of play mode. There is greater repetition of songs and less variety of genres even among my shuffled stations. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@CLZ I do see that you provided some screenshots of examples you are seeing.

However, can you please confirm with me what station those tracks were given a thumbs up on, however when they played, the thumbs up option wasn't highlighted?

Thanks again for the help with this.

0 Kudos

CLZ
Local Performer

It's happening on all of the stations. I think I have about 130 on Shuffle mode. The last station played individually with highlighted songs was Someone Like You (Van Morrison) station, but this is across all stations. 

0 Kudos

karalivbus
Diamond in the Rough

I liked I'm A Slave 4 U by Britney Speaks on the Justin Timberlake station just a couple of days ago since this issue started & it just now started playing, again on the Justin Timberlake station however the thumbs up is not up. And I see the song playing under the station when I look at thumbed up songs. Seems thumbs up is not going to work at all moving forward? I will switch to another music app if its never going to work again. I pay for this subscription so I have no ads. 

Literally just thumbed down this song & it will not stick:

I thumbed down this song & it won't stayI thumbed down this song & it won't stay

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for confirming this, @Dain.

I've added  your feedback to the ticket we have open with the engineers who are looking into this issue.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for confirming that with me, @CLZ.

I've added  your feedback to the ticket we have open with the engineers who are looking into this issue.

0 Kudos

1sithventress
Local Performer

I am having to redo all the thumbs up I have. The thumbs up counter is showing about how many thumbs up I should have. Every song that has been playing doesn't have any thumbs up and I am having to thumbs up the same song multiple times from the same station. Any help you can give me would be appreciated. Thank you

0 Kudos

MusicFan9292
Underground

They appear as unrated regardless if I shuffle or listen to each station individually.

Regards

0 Kudos

MusicFan9292
Underground

Correction.. the rated songs are only missing when I shuffle my stations.

Regards

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for following up, @MusicFan9292.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@1sithventress To clarify, does this only happen when you shuffle your stations?

Let me know.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Pandora Update 02/08/22:

Hi everyone! 👋

We are aware of an issue where thumb ratings are suddenly missing from your stations/no longer highlighted when they play.

If you are experiencing trouble with this, please reply to this thread with the following information:

1. When thumb ratings are missing, does this only occur when you are shuffling your stations? Or does it happen regardless of whether you are shuffling your stations, or playing one station at a time?

If it is happening across all stations (and not just when shuffling), please send us:

1. Names of individual stations where thumb ratings are missing, along with the names of the tracks on those stations that are no longer thumbed.
  2. Screenshots of tracks playing with the thumb rating no longer highlighted.

Thanks for working with us on this. 🤝

Peiradox
Underground

When I am listening to music. Every song that comes on does not show that I liked it, I have to re-like every song even when I know for a fact I have liked that song on that station. But when I go to my thumbs up all my likes are showing. 

stacylou
Local Performer

I have lost all my thumbs up when I have my shuffle on.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@stacylou I've sent this over to our engineers as well.

We really appreciate your patience in the meantime!

0 Kudos