cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED 09/15/21: Customized playlist replaces explicit tracks with clean versions

AgentOctopus
Underground

Pandora keeps changing my explicit Hamilton playlist to clean, how can I stop that? I specifically created a playlist with the explicit songs and after several weeks it changed to clean versions? I get this issue with stations but a curated playlist should be different. 

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Pandora Update - 09/15/21:

Hi, everyone. 👋🏽

Our engineering team believes this issue is now resolved.

The only caveat is that you will need to re-add the correct explicit tracks to your customized playlists, and then remove the unwanted censored versions that are currently on there.

If the new explicit tracks you add to your playlist end up switching back to a censored version, please make sure to reply back to this thread and let us know.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
26 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@AgentOctopus I created a separate thread for you since it sounds like you are running into a separate issue.

I took a look at your Hamilton E playlist, and do see a number of Clean tracks are currently added to it:

Screen Shot 2021-04-05 at 5.22.12 AM.png

To clarify, did you originally add the explicit versions of those tracks to this playlist, and then they were randomly replaced with the clean versions instead?

Let me know.

AgentOctopus
Underground

YES, exactly! It has happened on the playlists too. 

0 Kudos

AgentOctopus
Underground

*other playlists too 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for following up, @AgentOctopus.

What are the names of some of the other playlists where explicit tracks are being replaced with clean ones?

Can you please send me some screenshots similar to the one I sent in my message above (showing the clean tracks on those playlists)?

Thanks for the help with this!

0 Kudos

AgentOctopus
Underground

My mistake, after going back, I see it was just on 'the Naz playlist' by Def Jam in my collection but I can't be certain if all the tracks on it were originally explicit. Thanks so much! 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for following up, @AgentOctopus.

I believe you are referring to this playlist: 

Screen Shot 2021-05-06 at 7.25.43 AM.png

I am going to create a ticket with our engineering team so they can further investigate this issue on their end.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime as they work to find a resolution. 

AgentOctopus
Underground

Yes, that is the playlist. Thank you for your help! 

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@AgentOctopus Always happy to help!

Thanks again for all your patience with this. 🤝

0 Kudos

Laurag2828
Local Performer

Hello, I have been having this same issue. Today I noticed it on previously downloaded content on a saved playlist. The album that appears to have been changed to all clean is Fishing Blues by Atmosphere. 

here are others that were not previously clean versions that have been changed

Screenshot_20210602-201545.png

Screenshot_20210602-201401.png

Screenshot_20210602-201413.png

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Laurag2828 I moved your post over to this existing thread: Customized playlist replaces explicit tracks with clean versions

What is the name of the playlist where censored versions of the tracks on Fishing Blues by Atmosphere were replaced by clean versions?

Can you please do me a favor and send me a screenshot of where you are seeing that as well?

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

Laurag2828
Local Performer

One of my playlists that I have had saved for a few years has now been changed to the clean version. Particularly Fishing Blues bye Atmosphere, it has all been changed. I went through my other saved songs and found these have changed to clean as well. 

Screenshot_20210602-201401.png

Screenshot_20210602-201545.png

Screenshot_20210605-164639.png

Screenshot_20210605-164643.png

Screenshot_20210602-201413.png

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for following up with those additional screenshots, @Laurag2828.

I have created a ticket with our engineering team so they can take a closer look at your playlists.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

Techguru4321
Underground

Masked Wolf

Astronaut in the ocean

Tried and Test playlist

It changed to the clean version and now I am only able to find remixes and the "Clean" version of the song which it opted to change too. Sounds like a hatchet job from the edit. Which btw it edited G-o-d and T-h-o-t but not s*!t? What kind of sense does that make? Sorry if this violates any terms of service. I'll most likely find a different service if this keeps up though. Cheers Pandora team.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Techguru4321 To clarify, did you originally add the explicit version of that track to your playlist, and it was then replaced with a clean version?

If so, can you please do me a favor and send me a screenshot of the clean version of that track that is now showing in your playlist?

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

Techguru4321
Underground
That is correct Adam, the unedited version was in the playlist and the
explicit content setting has always been on. Just in the last 2 weeks maybe
1 month? The song updated to what's in my Vibe playlist in the screen shot
below. Already had deleted it from my other playlists.
0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Techguru4321 Thanks for following up.

It doesn't look like any screenshots were added to your message. You will need to reply directly within the Community thread (not via email) in order to add an image to your message.

Please try sending that again once more by clicking on the camera icon in the reply box:

Screen Shot 2021-06-29 at 5.34.13 AM.png

Thanks again for working with me on this!

0 Kudos

Techguru4321
Underground

Screenshot_2021-06-29-02-58-54.png

 Hopefully that works

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for sending that over, @Techguru4321.

I have added your feedback to the ticket we have open with our engineers so they can help look into this further.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

Bobbytony
Underground

I have downloaded and collected the explicit version of astronaut in the ocean by masked wolf several times. Every time the song changes to the clean version of the song. Why does this keep happening?

0 Kudos