cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing artist modes

EmperorJJ1
On the Rise

Hello,

I have a station that i created many years ago. Recently i played it once again and noticed 2 things: the content it is playing is vastly different than what normally plays on the station. Secondly the station has a new "exclusive artist mode" (hosted and curated by one of the artists) listed as one of the seeds. How do i get that removed so i can have my station back? Its named DJ Khalid/Akon

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@EmperorJJ1 Nice to see you around the Community.

Exclusive Curated Mode:

I do see your Dj Khaled/Akon station was originally created based off of the artist DJ Khaled. 

Currently on that station, there is a Curated Mode (The Pop-Up: DJ Khaled) - that isn't actually an artist seed. It is just another Pandora Mode which you can choose to listen to when on that station.

If you'd prefer to have your regular station playing, make sure to have My Station highlighted on the Now Playing screen:

Screen Shot 2021-12-02 at 5.14.31 AM.png

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Station not playing the same music:

Pandora stations adapt with every song to try to find the right music for you. It does this by using a combination of the detailed information in the Music Genome Project, the station seeds and Thumbs feedback you have given along with feedback given by other listeners under similar conditions.

There are a number of variables that come into play when selecting the next song:

• The complete range of musical attributes for all of the songs we have by the artist you used to create the station. For example, for a station based on Brian Eno, you might hear rock songs and ambient music. You might try creating a station from one of the artist's songs instead (e.g. Lucky Star by Madonna). This should make the station much more specific.

• The type of feedback you've given on the station (all the Thumbs Up and Thumbs Down ratings) and any additional artist or song seeds you've added to the station. Pandora lumps all this together and tries to determine what the best musical match is based on our musical analysis.

To improve your stations, here are a couple of things to try:

1. Thumb down tracks that do not fit. This will prevent that song from playing again, and Pandora will learn more about what you don't want to hear.
  2. Make sure each of the thumbs-up you've given fits in with the type of station you are trying to create. If not, then remove that thumbs-up rating from the station page.
  3. When listening from a computer, a mobile device or the Sonos app, you can access Pandora Modes to customize your station experience. You can pick different modes like Crowd Faves, Discovery and Deep Cuts.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

37 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@EmperorJJ1 Nice to see you around the Community.

Exclusive Curated Mode:

I do see your Dj Khaled/Akon station was originally created based off of the artist DJ Khaled. 

Currently on that station, there is a Curated Mode (The Pop-Up: DJ Khaled) - that isn't actually an artist seed. It is just another Pandora Mode which you can choose to listen to when on that station.

If you'd prefer to have your regular station playing, make sure to have My Station highlighted on the Now Playing screen:

Screen Shot 2021-12-02 at 5.14.31 AM.png

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Station not playing the same music:

Pandora stations adapt with every song to try to find the right music for you. It does this by using a combination of the detailed information in the Music Genome Project, the station seeds and Thumbs feedback you have given along with feedback given by other listeners under similar conditions.

There are a number of variables that come into play when selecting the next song:

• The complete range of musical attributes for all of the songs we have by the artist you used to create the station. For example, for a station based on Brian Eno, you might hear rock songs and ambient music. You might try creating a station from one of the artist's songs instead (e.g. Lucky Star by Madonna). This should make the station much more specific.

• The type of feedback you've given on the station (all the Thumbs Up and Thumbs Down ratings) and any additional artist or song seeds you've added to the station. Pandora lumps all this together and tries to determine what the best musical match is based on our musical analysis.

To improve your stations, here are a couple of things to try:

1. Thumb down tracks that do not fit. This will prevent that song from playing again, and Pandora will learn more about what you don't want to hear.
  2. Make sure each of the thumbs-up you've given fits in with the type of station you are trying to create. If not, then remove that thumbs-up rating from the station page.
  3. When listening from a computer, a mobile device or the Sonos app, you can access Pandora Modes to customize your station experience. You can pick different modes like Crowd Faves, Discovery and Deep Cuts.

Hope this helps!

EmperorJJ1
On the Rise

Sweeeeeet. Ty so much adam. Swapping back to my station got me back to where id like to be. 

The curated mode is an interesting feature now that i know how to turn it off and on

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Always happy to help, @EmperorJJ1. 😎

Enjoy the music!

nyghtsbayne
Local Performer

I have like 5 of these and its super annoying, is there a way to remove these so that I don't have to scroll down to get to my station?

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@nyghtsbayne Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening?

Can you provide me with a screenshot of what you're seeing?

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

nyghtsbayne
Local Performer

Capture.PNGThis is what I am seeing

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for following up, @nyghtsbayne.

Unfortunately, there is not a way to remove those Modes options from your station.

If you'd prefer to have your regular station playing, make sure to have My Station highlighted on the Now Playing screen.

Hope this helps clarify. 

0 Kudos

EmperorJJ1
On the Rise

How many thumbs do you have on your station. One idea may be removing some or all of the artist seeds so the pop up doesnt show. But that could/would impact what is playing on the station. At least for me having a lot of thumbs will feed the algorithm if you have only a few seeds

0 Kudos

FlyingArrow
Opening Act

Please add a way to remove those modes.  I'm tempted to un-thumb certain songs just to get the annoying "curated" modes off of the list.  I'm on Pandora so you play songs related to what I thumb - not to listen to somebody else's playlist.  At least put them at the bottom of the other play modes (Deep Tracks, etc).

EmperorJJ1
On the Rise

im by no means an expert here but for me the curated mode started because of the artist that the station was created from. my station has a ton of thumbs so likely could remove the artist with minimal change. I would try that first before removing any thumbs

0 Kudos

Auwahi
Local Performer

How do I stop exclusive artist mode my station is gone

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Auwahi I moved your post over to this existing thread: Removing artist modes

Unfortunately, there is not a way to remove those Modes options from your station.

If you'd prefer to have your regular station playing, make sure to have My Station highlighted on the Now Playing screen.

Check out the accepted solution to this thread for more information.

Hope this helps clarify. 

0 Kudos

Baildl632
Underground

I accidently added a "fine tune" artist to my station. I really find this feature useless and annoying. Now i have to switch to my station every time i switch to my station. How messed up is this overload of useless software tweaks. We seed our stations to play what we want to hear. That's already fine tuning my station to the single song/artist plus thumbs up! I would love to be able to remove this "fine tune" from my already finely tuned station! hopefully enough complain that Pandora exec's get the message!

really, ruined my station with this **ahem**!

Cancelled my scrip over this. ruined a very old already finely tuned station of mine.

Moderator Edit: Merged posts

EmperorJJ1
On the Rise

Why not just switch it back to my station?

Ive literally only swapped it from artists mode to my station once.

0 Kudos

Vixxenn
Local Performer

How do I turn this off or switch to the “my station” option mentioned above on my Berlin station. I want to listen to my station and not Tears for Fears Pop Up selected songs. 

85327177-093A-4A25-B583-AFD4474B1140.png

0 Kudos

EmperorJJ1
On the Rise

hit the song playing (living on video) and its will be at the very top. Select where it says pop up or artist mode whatever it says and a list of options will show. My Station will be there at or near the top

Vixxenn
Local Performer

Thank you! 

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for helping out with that, @EmperorJJ1. 🤝

KevinM391
Local Performer

I have a paid subscription. Suddenly yesterday, I started getting these things called "the popup: Keith Richards" or "the Popup: Neil Young." It jumps in at any random point (EVEN WHEN I"M NOT LISTENING TO PANDORA!!) and it includes people talking, which is NOT why I'm on Pandora. How do I stop this, now and forever?

0 Kudos