cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restoring a station with multiple seeds

jjarmak1
Local Performer

Relying on seeds to recover stations become frustrating when the station appears to loose its seed. I checked every one of the songs, not hard to do considering that I have less than 10 on that station, and none of them seems to be coming up with that station. The station in question is 00 nu metal.

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jjarmak1 Your 00s Nu Metal station was originally created based off of this track: Dear Agony (Aurora Version) by Breaking Benjamin & Lacey Sturm

If that station was ever deleted and you wished to restore it, you would just need to recreate a station for that specific track again.

This being said, if you ever run into issues restoring a deleted station, you can always contact our support team directly for assistance here.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jjarmak1 I'd be happy to help with any questions you have, but I will need additional information to do so.

Can you explain your issue a bit further? Are you having trouble restoring a deleted station?

The more details you're able to provide, the better equipped I'll be to help.

I look forward to hearing back.

0 Kudos

jjarmak1
Local Performer

To restore a deleted station, you would need a seed that you can use to recover the station. But, what if the seed for the station gets changed which has happened to me on more than one occasion as in the case of one of the stations called 00 nu metal. I had a seed for the station but it's been changed, in fact none of the songs listed on that station are acting as seeds for the station. So, were I to loose that station or the station gets deleted somehow I would have no way of recovering it as I no longer know what seed would bring that station back.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jjarmak1 Your 00s Nu Metal station was originally created based off of this track: Dear Agony (Aurora Version) by Breaking Benjamin & Lacey Sturm

If that station was ever deleted and you wished to restore it, you would just need to recreate a station for that specific track again.

This being said, if you ever run into issues restoring a deleted station, you can always contact our support team directly for assistance here.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

jjarmak1
Local Performer

Thank you for looking that up for me, however that song points to my 00s Post Grunge station and not to my 00s Nu Metal Station. Your looking at a prime example of how station seeds get changed on Pandora. So, were I to loose that station I would have no way of bringing that station back. For that reason, Pandora needs to come up for a way for listeners to be able to recover their stations without having to rely on seeds that for whatever reason get changed from time to time making it impossible to bring back a deleted station. I used Dear Agony by Breaking Benjamin to seed for my 00s Post Grunge station, and did not use that song to seed my 00s Nu Metal station. Confusing isnt it? Now, think how your listeners must feel who dont have that information in front of them like you do or on a list, like what I made to try to keep up with the seeds for the stations that I made and how frustrating I am when it changes from what I have on the list I use to keep track of what seeds would bring back these stations.

0 Kudos

jjarmak1
Local Performer

I see from what a moderator changed the title to that you believe the station has multiple seeds now. I'm going to ask that in the future. to prevent confusion for your listeners that you leave the song that the listener used to make the station as the seed and not add multiple seeds for one station. I started that station with one song not two songs at the same time and that was what I expected I would use to recover that station. This goes far beyond what your listeners can do and something that must have been done on your end. So, please for the benefit of your listeners leave whatever song was made as the seed alone and dont change it. And. If it wasn't someone on your end that made that change well, then pandora has a problem. We can not recover our stations if something on your end or the fault of the programming is going to add multiple seeds to our stations at random.

0 Kudos

jjarmak1
Local Performer

In answer to your question earlier, with all the problems that Pandora has and not knowing if my stations will be there from one day to the next and knowing that either someone over there loves to add multiple seeds to a station or there is a serious problem going on, not being able to restore a station due to the problem with these multiple song seeds, I can not see myself paying for Pandora until this problem and others have been resolved. Thank you for the minute or two in atleast telling me what was going on over there.

0 Kudos