cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Similar artist doesn't seem to work in both directions

kendenny
Opening Act

I have a station based on Pink Floyd and one based on Jethro Tull. My Jethro Tull station frequently plays Pink Floyd songs. My Pink Floyd Station has never played a Jethro Tull song.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@kendenny Thanks for following up and clarifying that with me.

I do see your station is created based off of those three seeded artists.

Adding variety to a station doesn't narrow the song pool that Pandora chooses from, nor does it increase your chances of hearing a particular song or artist. Rather, it opens up your station to a lot of variety, which can make for some undesirable matches.

So the selection of tracks that play on this station would be different if it were only seeded with Pink Floyd vs. having it seeded with those additional artists.

I would suggest editing this station to remove those extra seeds if you aren't happy with the tracks that are currently playing on it.

To edit your stations on a computer, first make sure you're signed into your Pandora account. Then:

1. Click on the name of the station you'd like to edit. If the station is not available from your Now Playing page, click on the My Collection button first, sort your collection by Stations, and select the name of the station you'd like to edit. This will take you to a station details page which shows you information about your personalized station.
  2. You can remove a station seed from your station by scrolling down to the Station Created From section. You can delete a particular seed by tapping the ellipsis (or three dots), or by hovering over it and selecting Delete.
  3. To delete a Thumbed track, scroll down to the Thumb History section of this page. By default, this section will show your Thumbed up tracks first. If you'd like to see your Thumbed down tracks, click on the Thumbs down icon. Next, either select the ellipsis next to the Thumb or hover your cursor over the name of the track to reveal a hidden menu. As before, select Delete.

You might find that Pandora works best if you create multiple stations with different artists or songs. From there, you can utilize our shuffle feature to hear a variety of musical styles in one listening session. Shuffle plays a one-song set from a random station that you've included in your mix and then moves onto another song (from a different station). This is significantly different from listening to a single Pandora station.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@kendenny I don't actually see a Pink Floyd station on the Pandora account connected to your Community profile.

Did you re-name that station to something else?

Let me know.

0 Kudos

kendenny
Opening Act

Floyd Parsons radio. It's based on Pink Floyd, Alan Parsons, and Dire Straits.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@kendenny Thanks for following up and clarifying that with me.

I do see your station is created based off of those three seeded artists.

Adding variety to a station doesn't narrow the song pool that Pandora chooses from, nor does it increase your chances of hearing a particular song or artist. Rather, it opens up your station to a lot of variety, which can make for some undesirable matches.

So the selection of tracks that play on this station would be different if it were only seeded with Pink Floyd vs. having it seeded with those additional artists.

I would suggest editing this station to remove those extra seeds if you aren't happy with the tracks that are currently playing on it.

To edit your stations on a computer, first make sure you're signed into your Pandora account. Then:

1. Click on the name of the station you'd like to edit. If the station is not available from your Now Playing page, click on the My Collection button first, sort your collection by Stations, and select the name of the station you'd like to edit. This will take you to a station details page which shows you information about your personalized station.
  2. You can remove a station seed from your station by scrolling down to the Station Created From section. You can delete a particular seed by tapping the ellipsis (or three dots), or by hovering over it and selecting Delete.
  3. To delete a Thumbed track, scroll down to the Thumb History section of this page. By default, this section will show your Thumbed up tracks first. If you'd like to see your Thumbed down tracks, click on the Thumbs down icon. Next, either select the ellipsis next to the Thumb or hover your cursor over the name of the track to reveal a hidden menu. As before, select Delete.

You might find that Pandora works best if you create multiple stations with different artists or songs. From there, you can utilize our shuffle feature to hear a variety of musical styles in one listening session. Shuffle plays a one-song set from a random station that you've included in your mix and then moves onto another song (from a different station). This is significantly different from listening to a single Pandora station.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos