cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Skipped songs

MrsFathcloth
Local Performer

Anybody else dealing with skipped songs playing part of the way then changes.... This happens often, which makes me not want to pay for Pandora

Labels (1)
5 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@MrsFathcloth Nice to see you around the Community. 👋🏽

Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening?

What exactly do you mean by skipped songs playing part of the way then changes?

Are you listening to Pandora on a computer or on a device?

1. If you are on a computer, are you listening from:
    • A Mac or Windows computer?
    • Our website, or the desktop app? If you're listening from our website, what browser are you using?
  2. If you are on a device, what is the make and model (and carrier, if applicable)?
  3. Is there an error message? If so, what does it say?
  4. Can you provide me with a screenshot of what you're seeing? 

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

dsa1
Local Performer

I'm having the same issue and I am using a windows desktop. It will paly about 30-60 seconds of a song them it will skip to a different song.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@dsa1 Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening?

1. Are you listening to Pandora on our website, or the desktop app? If you're listening from our website, what browser are you using?
  2. Is there an error message? If so, what does it say?
  3. Can you provide me with a screenshot of what you're seeing?

0 Kudos

dsa1
Local Performer

@AdamPandora I downloaded Pandora to my desktop, so Its the app. There is no error message

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@dsa1 Thanks for following up.

Troubleshooting:

Let's try some troubleshooting steps to see if we can resolve the issue. 

First, try resetting the Pandora app from the Help menu (not to worry, we'll keep track of your profile and collection for you). Press Alt on your keyboard to bring up a menu options at the top of the page, then select Help and Reset App Data.

If you're still having issues, try uninstalling and reinstalling using the following steps:

1. Locate Pandora in your Start Menu, and right-click to reveal an additional menu. Select Uninstall from the dropdown menu. From there, select Pandora from the list and confirm by selecting Uninstall once more.
  2. Next, find our app in the Windows Store on your device. Search for Pandora in the upper right corner and click or tap Get to re-install.

Please note that downloading any application on your devices requires a Microsoft account and password, and it may be a different email address and password than those on your Pandora account.

Also, we do not support Pandora on unofficial OS releases, like preview or developer builds. We only support Pandora on configurations that we have fully tested, so as to ensure the application will work correctly and not cause any problems with functions of the device.

Hope this helps! Let me know how it goes.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Request for more info:

If running through those troubleshooting steps above does not resolve the issue, then I'd like to report your experience to our engineers for further investigation. Could you help by providing a little more info?

1. Make and model of your device:
  2. Mode: Desktop or Tablet?
  3. Network (Wi-Fi or 3G/4G/LTE):
  4. Pandora version (under Pandora Settings on the bottom left);
  5. Windows version & build:
  6. Are there any error messages? If so, what do they say?
  7. Are you able to stream Pandora normally through a web browser like Chrome or Firefox?

Also, are you running a Preview Build of Windows? If so, are you in the fast ring or slow ring?

0 Kudos