cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Station doesn't play artist it was created for

hillbillyjack
Local Performer

I've been digging around in the support group for the last 30 minutes and can't find the answer to this question.   I'm sorry if its been asked before.   At any rate, I've created a number of stations based on particular artists.  Some of them are ok, but others seem to want to play anybody and everybody except the artists I want to hear.  I'm lucky if i get one song a day from the right artist.  I've tried to train it by thumbs down-ing the the unwanted stuff but then it will say "not loving this station?  try another"  or words to that effect. I would love the station if it would play what it's supposed to.  Any way to remedy this?

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
51 Replies

slf352
Underground

I've been listening to Herb Alpert Radio today and it should really be called George Benson/Chuck Mangione Radio.  Alot of other artists are being played and Herb Alpert and the TJB sprinkled in.  Quite disappointing.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @slf352. 👋

Nice to see you around the community.

To keep the community space organized, I moved your post to this thread since you are running into a similar issue: Station doesn't play artist it was created for

For more information, check out the accepted solution to this thread. 

With that being said, I am also going to pass your feedback along to our curation team so that they can further investigate why that option isn't appearing on that station. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

80sAshley
Local Performer

I have been having the same problem lately. For about the first hour the artist of the station is played, but after that, it seems extremely rare the artist cycles back in. I have the paid subscription so I was trying to skip until the artist came back around (even skipping songs I liked just to see how many plays it would take) but so far I haven't had any luck. It's almost like the algorithm veers off after a while. It will "reset" itself if i listen to another station for a while then come back. It's frustrating. Is there a solution to this other than setting the mode to only play the artist? 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@80sAshley Thank you for sharing your feedback.

I understand that it's frustrating not to hear the artist that you've seeded a station with, but at this time, listeners have limited control over when or how often particular artists or songs will play on Pandora stations.

Artist Only Mode as you mentioned would be your best option if you'd like to hear more tracks by the artist you created the station for.

Hope this helps clarify! 

0 Kudos

Jesselyn
Local Performer

Excuse me , but i have some problems too. When i start station from another artist the song play from the artist but when i start Un1ty station no one Un1ty song on they station. I'm so tired.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Jesselyn I moved your post over to this existing thread: Station doesn't play artist it was created for

Check out the accepted solution for more information around this.

Thanks for being a part of the Community! 🎶

0 Kudos

Rania
Local Performer

Hello @AlyssaPandora im start radio station from artist dimash kudaibergen but no one dimash song on the radio station.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @Rania. 👋

To keep the community space organized, I moved your post over to this existing thread: Station doesn't play artist it was created for

For more information, check out the accepted solution to this thread. 

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

jwfrancisco
Local Performer

i have the same issue, unfortunately.  when playing The Beautiful Bad radio, the station plays many similar artists but absolutely none by The Beautiful Bad.  Anything you can do do help me?  Thank you! 

0 Kudos

chombo21
Local Performer

I created a station for a particular artist and it has not played one song from this artist.  Yes, I know this has been asked before.  I use Pandora via Sonos and can find nowhere I can choose the mode to play artist only.  The artist I chose has only one album.  If this has to do with licensing or some other reason - my next question is why does Pandora list the artist as a station I can add in the first place????

0 Kudos

DrDumbazz
Local Performer

I've had pandora for years and it's been fine, but recently I've noticed that when I click on a certain artist I don't get them. Like I've tried shuffling till I get to the artist for the station I clicked on and I never end up actually hearing them. Does this happen to anyone else or does anyone know how to fix it? I've tried uninsalling the app and signing out of my account and nothing works

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@DrDumbazz I moved your post over to this existing thread: Station doesn't play artist it was created for

Check out the accepted solution for more information around this.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

Geosnooker2000
Local Performer

I have a station called Starland Vocal Band. I have thumbed up multiple songs of theirs. I have noticed I have not heard any Starland Vocal Band songs in the last 2 or 3 months. What's up?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Geosnooker2000 I moved your post over to this existing thread: Station doesn't play artist it was created for

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

BMWDUDE
Local Performer

I searched for Roxette first.  Got two hits.  First, this.

Song Leads to Completely Wrong Genre

The next was a history piece.

Here's the deal. I know there's Roxette up in there somewhere.  I seeded my station with it about ten years ago.  I never hear a Roxette song. As in ten years never.  About six months ago, I got a group suggested (automagically) in my Pandora feed.  Roxette Radio Station.   Been flipping to it steadily for those six months.   IT NEVER PLAYS ROXETTE!! I mean,  what magic incantation does a subscriber have to do to hear a little Roxette in a Station mix?

It's bad enough you only have a couple of albums, and nothing live.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@BMWDUDE I moved your post over to this existing thread: Station doesn't play artist it was created for

This being said, I do see you are currently upgraded to Pandora Premium.

With this level of subscription, you should be able to play any albums or tracks by Roxette that we have in our collection on demand.

Here is a link to their artist page on Pandora: Roxette

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

tcb71
Underground

I have a station named after the band Rubicon and for the past few months I have not heard a Rubicon song on said station.

Previous to this recent absence of Rubicon cuts I had no issue with the frequency in which cuts were played.

Now nothing.

Your thoughts???

-Craig

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@tcb71 I moved your post over to this existing thread: Station doesn't play artist it was created for

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

Dogu
Underground

After hearing the artist Aaren San on several other stations, I decided to start a station so I can hear more of him. At first, Artist Only mode wasn't available, and his songs played infrequently at best. So I started down thumbing irrelevant songs, hoping to narrow the scope. His songs still played at most three times in a session before stopping altogether. So I added a seeded artist, Mord Fustang to add variety. 

Now the pattern goes: Song by Aaren San, Song by Mord Fustang, song by different artist x2. This pattern will repeat exactly three times and then the two seeded artists Will stop playing altogether. It doesn't matter that I've probably down thumbed hundreds, if not over a thousand songs since inception. 

Artist only mode is available now, but in Artist Only mode, Radio Only songs will not play, and my favorite songs by Aaren San are Radio Only.

So my options are: 1: Play in My Station mode and not hear the artists I want to hear or 2: Play in Artist Only mode and never hear my favorite songs.

I've ONLY up thumbed songs by the seeded artists. I've down thumbed every single song that's been played on this station since I started.

Today, I even asked for a help ticket, and got the same copy/paste non answer you give everyone else. 

techpriest35
Local Performer

i am having the same problem but the above answer feels like pandora doesnt actually care about the customer.if i create a station for disturbed a band with over 100 songs and then i hear maybe 1 disturbed song per week and i give all other music thumbs down i end up having the station break.now the distrubed station keeps saying "there is no other music for this station" and wont stop repeating the same song that has a down vote and i tried telling the station im tired of this song. im leaving pandora cause this is not the first time this has happened and i get better results from youtube or iheartradio or any other internet based free radio good bye and i hope this site goes out of business

0 Kudos